Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webasto Heater, Seperate Diesel Tank?  (Read 1278 times)
Dreamscape

« on: December 10, 2006, 06:41:03 AM »

Good Morning All,

I have searched the threads on Webasto and found nothing relating to which tank to draw from.

What is recommended?

I have the main, and a 30 ga. one for the genset. Should I add another or use which one?

I have not purchased anything yet, just doing some more research.

Thanks,

Paul

Dreamscape
belfert

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:47:01 AM »

No need to install another tank.  I would use the generator tank so you can use off road diesel to supply the Webasto and the generator.

Brian
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi Paul,

Also try searching ProHeat, Thats what we just installed and piped it off the main tank.

I calculated it uses roughly 1 1/2 gal a day to keep my coach at 70 deg. in moderate weather. [35 40 deg.]

Not bad at all, I think. Barely notice it on the fuel guage...

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:23:20 PM »

I agree with Brian -- pipe the Webatso supply and return to the separate generator tank.  You can then use off-road (dyed) diesel in that tank, saving some money on your heating.

I would also install a small electric fuel pump and a manual, moentary switch to transfer fuel from the main engine tank to the generator/webasto tank.  This will allow you to get some fuel to your generator and/or Webasto in an emergency.

-Sean

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »

due to the low fuel consuption do what is easier,

I would go off the main tank....as you will never run that dry.......plus it will not limit your gen usage
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »

And this writer will suggest to use the generator tank so that you may keep your costs isolated:

fuel mileage for transport seperate from living generator/webasto expences.

You do what works for you!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »

As always, Thanks for your thoughts and preferances.

I am leaning toward using the gen tank now.

I like this idea.

I agree with Brian -- pipe the Webatso supply and return to the separate generator tank. You can then use off-road (dyed) diesel in that tank, saving some money on your heating.

I would also install a small electric fuel pump and a manual, moentary switch to transfer fuel from the main engine tank to the generator/webasto tank. This will allow you to get some fuel to your generator and/or Webasto in an emergency.

-Sean

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: