Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:38:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webasto Heater, Seperate Diesel Tank?  (Read 1271 times)
Dreamscape

« on: December 10, 2006, 06:41:03 AM »

Good Morning All,

I have searched the threads on Webasto and found nothing relating to which tank to draw from.

What is recommended?

I have the main, and a 30 ga. one for the genset. Should I add another or use which one?

I have not purchased anything yet, just doing some more research.

Thanks,

Paul

Dreamscape
belfert

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:47:01 AM »

No need to install another tank.  I would use the generator tank so you can use off road diesel to supply the Webasto and the generator.

Brian
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi Paul,

Also try searching ProHeat, Thats what we just installed and piped it off the main tank.

I calculated it uses roughly 1 1/2 gal a day to keep my coach at 70 deg. in moderate weather. [35 40 deg.]

Not bad at all, I think. Barely notice it on the fuel guage...

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:23:20 PM »

I agree with Brian -- pipe the Webatso supply and return to the separate generator tank.  You can then use off-road (dyed) diesel in that tank, saving some money on your heating.

I would also install a small electric fuel pump and a manual, moentary switch to transfer fuel from the main engine tank to the generator/webasto tank.  This will allow you to get some fuel to your generator and/or Webasto in an emergency.

-Sean

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »

due to the low fuel consuption do what is easier,

I would go off the main tank....as you will never run that dry.......plus it will not limit your gen usage
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »

And this writer will suggest to use the generator tank so that you may keep your costs isolated:

fuel mileage for transport seperate from living generator/webasto expences.

You do what works for you!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »

As always, Thanks for your thoughts and preferances.

I am leaning toward using the gen tank now.

I like this idea.

I agree with Brian -- pipe the Webatso supply and return to the separate generator tank. You can then use off-road (dyed) diesel in that tank, saving some money on your heating.

I would also install a small electric fuel pump and a manual, moentary switch to transfer fuel from the main engine tank to the generator/webasto tank. This will allow you to get some fuel to your generator and/or Webasto in an emergency.

-Sean

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: