Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP NEEDED IN NORTH CAROLINA, TULSA OKLAHOMA, WARMEST GREETINGS !  (Read 2455 times)
seaton@mta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 04:56:38 AM »

Great point, Gary!  I was able to tell because there was no housing over the rear window.  Yours looks to be in great shape.  Depending on the gearing and engine these buses are great runners,  Mine has the 8V-71, spicer four-speed, high-speed rear end and the 125 gallon fuel tank.

Art, on closer look, I believe you are correct. 

- Seaton
fishbowl

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

Charles, I was delighted to get your comment on Bus Conversions.com, and I am very interested in talking to you about your Suburban.  As we know, what you and I have is very rare.  All of the original A/C equipment on our conversion has been removed.  We do have a generator with one roof-top unit and plan on adding an additional unit in the future.  I would enjoy speaking with you personally on the telephone as  I have found out that I can talk a lot faster than I can type.  Please call me here in North Carolina @ (336) 859-2101 and we'll talk buses.  If I miss your call, I will get back to you. 

Thurman  (Fishbowl)

P.S.  Feel free to email me your number and I will call you.  lifeline_col@hotmail.com   
fishbowl

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

TO UNCLE NED AND OTHERS THAT HAVE POSTED ON THIS THREAD.....  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING WITH EACH ONE OF YOU AND TO THOSE WHO READ THIS IN THE FUTURE.....PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO EMAIL ME YOUR PHONE NUMBERS AND A GOOD TIME TO CALL, OR CALL ME @ 336-859-2101. I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY THIS WEEK; HOWEVER I WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE AN UPDATE ON OUR PROGRESS THUS FAR.  ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD HAS A GOOD  FRIEND THAT LIVES NEAR TULSA, AND AFTER READING OUR HELP NEEDED POST,  HE CALLED AND ASKED HIM TO CALL ME TO SEE IF HE COULD BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE.  I SHARED WITH HIM OUR SITUATION.   HE THEN WENT OVER TO TULSA  AND WAS ABLE TO START THE FISHBOWL ON THURSDAY (4-3-14).  AFTER SITTING FOR AROUND 3 YEARS, HE HAD TO PRIME THE FUEL FILTERS AND SHE FIRED RIGHT UP.  ALL THE AIRBAGS CAME RIGHT UP AND SHE PURRED LIKE A KITTEN.  AFTER CHECKING THINGS OUT,  HE WAS READY TO BACK THE COACH OUT BUT COULD NOT GET IT INTO REVERSE TO MOVE IT TO HIS HOME  ( WE WANT THE COACH MOVED BECAUSE OF SECURITY REASONS.... VANDALS HAVE STOLEN THE MAIN COACH BATTERIES, 2 LARGE GROUP 8-D'S, AND THE 2 GROUP 31 A/C GENERATOR AND HOUSE BATTERIES SINCE IT WAS PURCHASED).  HE THINKS THERE IS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM BUT IS NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT.   HE STATED THE TIRES WERE WEATHER CRACKED BUT HAD LOTS OF TREAD, AND THEY WERE 14 PLY, 1122.5s.  THE FORMER OWNER  STATED THE TIRES WERE THAT WAY WHEN HE BOUGHT THE COACH AND THAT SHE RAN LIKE IT DID THE DAY IT WAS PARKED.  SO WE HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS THIS WEEK,  AND ARE VERY GRATEFUL TO THIS WONDERFUL GENTLEMAN AND HIS SON,  AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HELPED WITH YOUR ADVICE.  ALSO THIS WEEK I LEARNED OF AN OLDER COUPLE (FULL-TIMERS) STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE IN ARIZONA AND WAS ABLE TO LINE UP HELP FOR THEM THROUGH A FRIEND OF MINE THAT IS A FULL-TIMER LIVING IN A MODEL 10 EAGLE THAT KNOWS THAT PART OF THE WORLD LIKE THE PALM OF HIS HAND.     

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE DIPLOMAT THAT CAME TO THE DEFENSE OF MY PITIFUL TYPING SKILLS THIS WEEK. TYPING IS A REAL CHORE FOR ME AND PUTTING ALL CAPS MAKES IT MUCH, MUCH EASIER ON THIS OLD MAN.  THIS GUY WOULD MAKE A GREAT TOP-TIER ATTORNEY AND IS CERTAINLY A MOST A WONDERFUL TOP-TIER BUSNUT. THANKS AGAIN GUMPY !!!!!

ONE LAST NOTE, I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF THE TIRE PROBLEM AND OTHER PICTURES OF THE COACH TO ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM. JUST SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.   STANDING BY IN NORTH CAROLINA,  FISHBOWL. 
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »

...STANDING BY IN NORTH CAROLINA,  FISHBOWL. 

Welcome to the madness.  I live down near Wilmington (I'm gonna guess from the area code you're near Winston-Salem) and my bus is in Charlotte for some work right now.  Stay in touch.  (And check out the DOT date codes on your tires, you DON'T want to drive from Tulsa to NC if they're weather cracked and out of date!)

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
treeplanter

the grey ghost,1971 GMC 5305A

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 09:08:55 AM »

Hello Fishbowl,  Glad to hear other members have responded to your call for advice and the bus has been started up. From the photo's she looks like she will require a bit of work, my fishbowl has many issues that now that the snow is melting i can restart working on her, it's a labor of love to get these awesome machines running safely again,will be in touch we fishbowl owners need to keep together.

Timothy
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »

Thurman,by the time you drive a 1000+ miles with the 4 speed and 6v71 you will be able to instruct RJ on the shifting of the gear box, just take your time the 6v71 will help out with that part Roll Eyes  

I bet the tires will make it in this cool weather just install 2 good ones on the front then that gives 2 spares and don't forget to buy CoachNet or some other road side assistance insurance

good luck be safe
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:55:05 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
fishbowl

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU BRUCE!  WE DO LIVE CLOSE TO WINSTON AND I LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING   WITH YOU IN YOUR MOST UNUSUAL CONVERSION. THANKS FOR THE TIP ON CHECKING THE D.O.T. TIRE DATES. I AM GETTING MIXED OPINIONS ABOUT THE WEATHER CRACKS ON THE FRONT AXLE, THE DRIVE AXLE RUBBER IS IN GREAT SHAPE WITH ONE NEW TIRE AND I WILL GET MORE COUNSELING BEFORE MAKING A DECISION (WITHOUT COUNSEL PURPOSES ARE DISAPPOINTED). IN THE FUTURE WE ARE PLANNING A TRIP TO A BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL FOREST NEAR YOU AND IF YOU LIKE BOONDOCKING MAYBE YOU COULD JOIN US, ALONG WITH SOME OTHER BUS NUTS THAT WE KNOW. LIVING OFF THE GRID HELPS CALM THE MADNESS AND IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL. IF I CAN BE OF HELP WITH YOUR COACH IN CHARLOTTE LET ME KNOW, IT IS ONLY ABOUT A ONE-HOUR DRIVE EACH WAY.

FISHBOWL
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:19:03 PM by fishbowl » Logged
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »

Thurman,by the time you drive a 1000+ miles with the 4 speed and 6v71 you will be able to instruct RJ on the shifting of the gear box, just take your time the 6v71 will help out with that part Roll Eyes  

If it is like mine once he gets on the interstate he will not need to change gears until time to get off again. I once drove from Spartanburg, SC to Birmingham, Al without shifting. I only did it then because it was lunchtime.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
fishbowl

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »

4104 MANUAL ON EBAY ! ITEM # 231206822976 For Your Consideration, A vintage 1958 GMC Coach Division Maintenance Manual Model PD 4104, 300 Pages, has pull out diagrams in Back Cover, very nice condition considering these were for mechanics and working folks ,some splitting on spline, this is the only damage, there may be a small bit of writing inside, and some dirt on page ends. Any questions, please message. thanks for looking.....Outside of U.S. ? please contact us for shipping quote. . .

Fishbowl
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 06:21:03 AM »

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU BRUCE!  WE DO LIVE CLOSE TO WINSTON AND I LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING   WITH YOU IN YOUR MOST UNUSUAL CONVERSION. ... 

Nice!  You're in a good area for busnuts - there are several in the Winston/Statesville/Hickory area (I think, most of us are in small towns away from the larger cities) and there are a few in the "Triangle" area (including Gene Lewis, south of Raleigh) and a good number down near Charlotte.  Best wishes on your move and getting to know your bus. 

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: