Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 12:17:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for any Prevost XL40 self convertors, air operated door  (Read 379 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »

I am keeping the air operated door on our Prevost but once air pressure is low the door air operated lock does not keep door locked or pulled in. I am planning to install and additional air tank and a 24V air compressor to keep the tank filled but want to still use the bus air when traveling. I need to know where on the front air tank the feed to the existing 3 way valve is. I checked my books but there is no diagram. I will probably need to trace them out but I thought I would ask also.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »

front steering box compartment  under drivers window. Does air bags also so if you want to isolate it you need to add a separate tank.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »

Make sure you have protection valves or check valves.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »

Check out these compressors http://www.californiaairtools.com/ultra-quiet-oil-free-air-compressors/ .  I bought the 2hp with 2 aluminum tanks with carrying handle. They are truly much quieter then any other compressor I've heard. I'm mounting mine underneath just to air up in the morning so not to run the engine too much when leaving the camp ground. If you have a good inverter, could run on it too. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »

Memory might be wrong but I think his wife works for dentist.. Maybe her  boss needs a new gen air compressor?  Those things are about indestructible.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: