Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 03:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil in turbo?  (Read 965 times)
Texasjack

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »

I have a model 10 eagle with a 6v92,still dont think the rack is run correctly, that appears to have oil in the bottom of it. Is this from blowby on the piston rings or the result of the rack not being set up properly? Thanks for the answers clan!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »

If you have oil in the turbo, then the turbo seals are blown-highly recommend that you don't run the engine until a new turbo is installed-the engine could take off on its' own running on the oil of the turbo.  If you are getting oil out the bottom vent tube, most likely its worn rings.   Rack being off typically will not affect oil.  It might make starting hard, have less power, and possibly cause black smoke.  Any oil outside the engine is not good.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:57:55 PM »

yep, a second on the blown seals...do not run this engine
Texasjack

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »

dont think its the turbo,had it rebuilt just recently. It does smoke like crazy when I first get rolling , but after a mile down the road it clears up.So must be the rings?
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 10:43:40 AM »

You are probably right but....whenever I have a problem (with the bus or anything else) I would suspect recently rebuilt, repaired, replaced before I go looking for old, worn out, and broken.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: