Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 01:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The holy grail of barn find buses  (Read 2870 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

I thought they were just all rebuilt  in 50's by GM most photos show 12 I have seen a couple 1 had a 302 GM six cylinder gas engine the other had a 4-71 then Peter Pans was all modern running gear. I wonder if they sold it they had a 2 mil reserve on the E place
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:48:59 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »

Trust me, I really wanted to. After I messaged him a second time, I went back to Craigslist to take a snapshot of the add but it had been deleted. He was probably getting hammered with messages. It was at a small community just down the road from me so I'm looking on google earth to see if by chance I can find it. I  got my eyes out for it just in case it is being moved. I would like to see it in person just to see what I missed out on.

The ad is probably still in your browser's web page cache. Google how to access it.  I tried finding it on a web cache, but couldn't locate one. Didn't waste much time, though. I did see the ad on a search, as pointed out by a previous post, but it said it was deleted.

Try finding the cache in your own computer. Maybe it's still there. I, too, would like to see the photos.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 07:35:54 PM »

The ad is probably still in your browser's web page cache. Google how to access it.  I tried finding it on a web cache, but couldn't locate one. Didn't waste much time, though. I did see the ad on a search, as pointed out by a previous post, but it said it was deleted.

Try finding the cache in your own computer. Maybe it's still there. I, too, would like to see the photos.

craig

Hi Craig,
 I looked at it with my iPhone and my iPad. I went in and found all the web pages that I have visited for who knows how long. But I found where I looked at it but it won't let me open any of the web sites when I click on them. Does anyone know how to open them on the iPhone?

Like I said... It was complete except the front GM emblem and the glass. That was all I could tell from the pics. All the tires were up and it looked like it was just rolled out to where it was, maybe under its own power? I sure wish the guy would have called me back and let me know one way or the other. He may have sold it? Or he may have found out what it was? Just wished I could have seen it in person.

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »

My wife just found a pic in her search engines!!!

Now I've got to try and get it on here with my iPad. It keeps telling me it's too large and I don't have taptalk anymore

8V92 turbo 740 auto
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »

My wife just found a pic in her search engines!!!

Now I've got to try and get it on here with my iPad. It keeps telling me it's too large and I don't have taptalk anymore

Ok this is the only pic we can find. I took this picture of the screen on my wife's computer from my iPad, so it's not the best but you'll get the idea of what it is.

8V92 turbo 740 auto
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:29 AM »

Wow! That would be so cool to have the time and money to restore.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Aaron

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 06:57:38 AM »

That Liner hasn't been in Alaska,that may be a shot from Swedon,thats the one that got sold to those gents there about 5 or 6 years ago,the back end on that one was damaged in an accident on one of GM's last tours the car hauler Liner we have gave its back end to this one and went to Swedon.
 The one pictured in Yak was what was left over after the NATMUS museum took the parts they needed to finish their restoration,what was left was the cab and it was placed on a different chassis and turned into a car hauler,the YP park bus fits only if I load it from a straight dock onto it but can't be hauled as it almost touches the sides.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:02:51 AM by Aaron » Logged
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

Wow! I can only imagine what it would cost to get a windshield custom-made for that thing.

And I won't say my opinion of those who go around with spray cans messing up valuable things...

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »

Gosh Guy's,didn't a completely restored one of these sell a couple of years back for something like 3.5 million dollars or some wild price like that?
tom120

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:08 AM »

I found our 1947 Flxible Clipper in a 100+ year old barn in 1997. It had 78,000 miles on it. tried loading a pic to no avail.   philly.com/monarchs     tom
Aaron

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »

The one your thinking of sold to Ron Pratt in AZ for 4.2 mil,I see he is now going to put his complete collection up for auction at BJ the first of next year.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: