Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 11:53:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ceiling lights  (Read 2394 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

I used the cheap under cabinet lights from Wal-Mart. I don't recommend that. They were way too bright and focused light on a small area. If you stood right by it, it would blind you, but walk a few inches away and you can't see your hand in front of your face...Jimmy

I used the cheap under counter lights from Lowes and they work pretty good...once past the switch issue. Left them in the not too bad looking metal case, but removed the transformer so that they would work on 12V DC. They are apparently "flood" lenses. The light is all directed down, but it is diffused. Installed a boat running light 12V switch so that either one or all three lights could be selected. Been pleased with them. The running light switch allows either one post switched hot or both posts switched hot. Keeps from feeding back.
Installing them in the box kept the lights assy pretty much out of sight, but no holes in the cabinets. A double panel on the over the sink cab would have solved this in a more workmanlike manner...but, hey...hindsight is 20/20.
The metal box is a good heat sink too...and the halogens get pretty warm.
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »

Leroy,

Just finished getting my 110Vac lights in this weekend.

Found some 3" can lights at Lowes.

You will of course need a little ceiling room above to mount them, though not much.

I removed the service box on top of the light to gain some space.

Have a nice eye that can be aimed in any direction or rotated as needed. Uses the GU10 bulb.

Only protrudes less than 1/4" below the ceiling.  Only saw in white trim.

I modified the tabs used to push flush to ceiling by drilling holes in them to attach from the bottom.

This allows for full removal later to get to wiring or replacement.

Best of luck,

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: