Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 07:22:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rt 1(PCH) or 101 from Ventura to Half Moon Bay  (Read 1299 times)
Hobie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »

+1 to RJ and Luverbusl.   Some of the prettiest country California has to offer.  Yes, you will get strong arms with all the turns and you it is slow going so lots of time to enjoy the view.   Check out Hearst Castle, well worth it.  And the sea lions 5 min. north of Hearst on the beach.   Be  aware very little services between Hearst and Carmel.   
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »

If you can arrange it go during the week, fewer people to contend with.  I was a poor bus driver and I survived it twice from SB to SF.  The first time going north I smacked the mirror a couple of times on a hill, not hard enough to break it just enough to scare the passengers.  The second time was more enjoyable knowing I would fit.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:01:26 PM »

Ed -  you all were great hosts to put up with us for a night. On top of that I was able to finagle a couple of rivets out of you Wink  Thanks so much for having us.  You and Janet are inspiring.

We made it through from San Simeon to Monterey without any issues.  Toughest part was the van trailing behind us.  Ragged point up through Salmon creek falls was some of the toughest driving but it was amazing. Beautiful drive.

Much easier than driving 89a up through Sedona, AZ.

We did go by Hearst Castle but it was too much $$ to spend on the kids who wouldnt have appreciated it.

-Sean

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

Great Sean, hope you had a chance to see the aquarium, truely one of the best, lvmci...

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: