Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 07:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Bus Overturns  (Read 301 times)
Paul

Will it ever be done?

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2014, 05:32:46 AM »

At least four people were killed early Wednesday when a semi-truck jackknifed on Interstate 10 and caused a tour bus to overturn near the California-Arizona border,

Paul
http://www.incredibus.com
1988 MCI 102A3 /8V92 /740 /10" Roof Raise
sparkplug188

1979 Model 5 Eagle - 45/102 8v92 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:26:16 AM »

Your chances of survival greatly improve if it is possible to keep your bus or semi-truck upright.  Never give up on a wreck, even after driving off the road.  --that is good advice I was told during my trucking career.  I don't know the specifics of the wreck you mentioned or even if this advice is applicable to that wreck.  However, It is something everyone should know.
Scott Crosby

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »

"This truck was traveling eastbound, carrying steel pipes. He jackknifed in the median and the trailer overturned with the pipes, causing those to spill," she said.

Some of the pipes rolled into the westbound lane, causing the bus to "either hit some of the pipes, or possibly swerved and hit some of the pipes, and it overturned," Kasinga said.

Thirty-two passengers were aboard the bus, which belonged to the El Paso - Los Angeles Limousine Express company, according to NBCLosAngeles.com.

The bus had stopped in from Phoenix, where it switched drivers, en route to Los Angeles from El Paso, NBCLosAngeles.com reported.

61 GM Fishbowl 4516 102" 35'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: