Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 08:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to buy Eagle front end parts?  (Read 333 times)
DriverGT5

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:16:44 AM »

I have some of this information bookmarked from Eagles International but the web site seems to only function about 5% of the time.  Undecided

Our "Series 05" looks like it's 100% Series 01 front suspension. I want to replace the tie-rod ends in the steering links and the steering bar, along with the bearings in the two pitman arms. I have all the factory part numbers but I don't know where the best place it to source the parts. I've heard several people mention Jefferson Bus but I can't find contact info that I think is correct. I've also heard that the newest owners of the former Bus and Car Co are still making parts in Texas?

Any thoughts? Any one else have suggestions on where to look to order these things?

Thanks again!

1968 Eagle Series 05 - 7616
8v71
www.tinyhouselife.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:22:27 AM »

Jefferson is the only place to get parts but if that is a 01 it maybe a problem talk to Ed 405-272-0213,sad but the EI board is just fading away not much goes on there anymore
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:43:11 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
DriverGT5

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:16:36 AM »

Thanks for the info. Ed was very helpful and it sounds like I might be OK as far as getting the parts I need for the bus.

The parts were very reasonably priced. All but the dumb drag link. I say that because what I thought was a tie-rod end is actually the entire link which isn't cheap. Oh well. I never was one for cheap hobbies.  Shocked

1968 Eagle Series 05 - 7616
8v71
www.tinyhouselife.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »

Lol the drag will bring to your knees for sure

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: