Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 12:09:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [For Fun] Name That Bus!  (Read 5233 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 09:01:45 PM »

he has 2  One o is a 4501 and one is a 4106
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »

he has 2  One o is a 4501 and one is a 4106

I was just typing... "I'd know that was a 4106 anywhere."

Thanks for the clarification.

This dude does amazing work! Somebody please get him to join us here...

Wow!
bb

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 04:32:56 AM »

Great catch Brian,

Seems to have tags or bogies now Huh....

Nick-

So... at what point did that thing grow or lose 4 wheels? Shocked

bb

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 04:36:40 AM »

Guy's,

It also has 4 tiers on the roof now, and not 3† ??..??..??
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:38:35 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 08:27:21 AM »

Go to that site he posted. This guy apparently has two busses that he did. It shows them in a picture on their website.

Man i like those things!!!!!!!! I would have probably did the interiors a little different tho. Wink

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »

There are actually three buses mentioned on the website - two different 'Peacemaker' buses (if you look at the photos, the double and triple-axle buses have different licence plates), and the 'Garden Bus' which looks like a skoolie. In fact several skoolies are shown in the photos on the site.

The interior is the exact opposite of what I would do in just about every respect, but I still love it - all that headroom! In fact, the same comment applies to the outside too.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »

Here is the link to a PDF which tells what they are all about.

http://www.merrymakerscaravan.org/pdf/brand-new-culture.pdf

Nick-

ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 06:59:58 AM »

I KNEW I'd seen other interior & exterior photos of this beaut, and just came across the web album...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/549608275rEehcF

Enjoy!

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 09:12:46 AM »

Looking past the weird design of the bus (it certainly is original), with starting with the 4501 GMC Scenic Cruiser, grafting on two AeroCoach front ends, and using the roof from a very rare Crown Vista Cruiser (with the roof curved glass) and rear from a Crown, it has many really ingenious features.  Outside, noticed he changed to a Series 60 Detroit (can't see too much of the engine for all the plumbing); outside small doors that goes directly into the Kitchen for grocery delivery and another in the back over the engine; the beautiful art deco vent grill for the A/C on the top most roof at the front; disguising the rear back up camera in the rear insignia; and just plainly absolutely beautiful workmanship with the sheet metal (don't know how much Bondo was used?).  Inside also is a bit weird, and would drive me crazy with all the busyness.  But once again looking past that, the wood working is on the level of an expensive yacht, hand made light fixtures, etc. The only negative I saw was it looked like he used extension cords for his wiring-course that's also debatable.  He certainly made an original bus.  It's too bad he doesn't get into more conventional bus building-he could make a fortune.  I would love to see that bus in person some day.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
oregon4107

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »

Hello All,
This is a Great spot for my first post. I am Jason, A newbie w/ a big first† project" 4107 eng/trans swap and build out.

First, Thank All of you for this Great information and resources on these boards!

I saw these guys as they came through town like A parade Stopped and gave tours and...
If you have any interest in this kind of conversion, make a piont to cross pathes with this "tribe" (web site on the tailend in one pic)
I have worked in a high end boat cabinet shop (think millions $$) and I was inpressed and inspired buy the work of these people.
And I believe it was all done with volunter labor

"It's too bad he doesn't get into more conventional bus building-he could make a fortune.† I would love to see that bus in person some day.† Good Luck, TomC"
After having met them this is kind funny...I LOL...

Much Respect Jason Smiley

4107-78
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »

This is my 2nd post Wink
I was thinking the very same thing when I saw the woodwork on the dash and entry. Much like a custom yacht. It is quite unique, for sure. One of those buses you either love or hate, at least in my house. Wife, daughter and son....NO!!!† Me....Big thumbs up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: