Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:19:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hookups... left or right side?  (Read 2529 times)
sparkplug188

1979 Model 5 Eagle - 45/102 8v92 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 04:01:55 PM »

Good point Tom. I guess I assumed it was in the back but I took another look today and there is no vent tube. There is a propane smell due to a leaking hose clamp though...  Angry

Time to add it to the list...

Shocked Add it to the TOP of the list!
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »

If you are only going to take short jaunts the stationary tanks are fine, fill before you go. If you plan to spend any length of time in the coach go for the portable tanks!

Which brings up the subject of automatic tank change over valves.  Really a super great idea. One tank empty's and the valve magically switches to the other with out any effort on your part.  Modern technology, don't you love it?

So when you are in middle of cooking a really nice NY strip and you run out of gas, you now have 2  empty LP tanks Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Audiomaker

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 07:14:41 PM »

If you are only going to take short jaunts the stationary tanks are fine, fill before you go. If you plan to spend any length of time in the coach go for the portable tanks!

Makes sense.  I had room for a 30gal (120lb?) horizontal tank.   I would think 120lbs should last awhile but I really don't know.

I will tuck away one or two portables as well.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:49 AM »

Which brings up the subject of automatic tank change over valves.  Really a super great idea. One tank empty's and the valve magically switches to the other with out any effort on your part.  Modern technology, don't you love it?

So when you are in middle of cooking a really nice NY strip and you run out of gas, you now have 2  empty LP tanks Grin

If you do not have automatic change over valves, it will always be cold and rainy when one tank empties.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 06:00:13 AM »

It will be an absolutely gorgeous day out when one tank empty's, you are outside grilling steaks remember. Cheesy

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »

If you do not have automatic change over valves, it will always be cold and rainy when one tank empties. 

Not a fight I got a dog in, but is there any indication (separate gauges for each tank???) when the first tank is empty and the change over valve changes over?

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 06:34:56 AM »

Nope

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 08:26:44 AM »

Nice thing about permanent chassis mounted tanks, is that you can have a gauge inside the bus. I also have a switched solenoid so I can only have on the gas when needed (I only use propane for furnace and stove). Then with the gauge you have plenty of notice before running out. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:50 AM »

We have a permanent tank and a removable one connected with an automatic switch over.  I always use the portable tank first and generally refill it as soon as it empties.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Audiomaker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 10:29:44 AM »

We have a permanent tank and a removable one connected with an automatic switch over.  I always use the portable tank first and generally refill it as soon as it empties.

I like this idea.

I wonder...

My stationary tank has a sender built into the physical gauge (0-90ohm).  I wonder if one could install such a sender on a portable so that you could have an interior gauge for your portable(s)?

0-90ohm is common as fuel tank gauge impedance so you should be able to use an aftermarket automotive fuel gauge (including digital if you liked).

Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »

Not a fight I got a dog in, but is there any indication (separate gauges for each tank???) when the first tank is empty and the change over valve changes over?
The Camco 59005 regulator has a small colored indicator that changes between green and red when it switches from one cylinder to the other.   Besides, each of my cylinders has its own little gauge showing sort-of how full-ish it is  -  they will tell you which cylinder has run out and which is still OK.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

When the automatic switchover takes place, it does not move the valve handle/indicator.  Hence, even though it is using the second tank, the indicator still points toward the first tank and displays red to show it is empty.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
sparkplug188

1979 Model 5 Eagle - 45/102 8v92 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »

I ordered the Camco 59005 regulator and supply hoses. The regulator supply lines are long enough to mount the regulator next to the tankless water heater.  I need help with the low pressure side-- I plan on using a 1' long piece of black pipe, a couple 90 fittings, and a brass adapter to go from 3/8 NPT female regulator output  to 3/4 black pipe.  However, I have not been able to find that specific brass adapter.  Anyone know where I can find one?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:21:06 AM by sparkplug188 » Logged
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »

You may Have to go to OSH or the depot and it might take a few pieces to get from 1to the other with reducers.

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

Pexsupply.com

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)