Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 01:16:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1985 MCI 102A3 - Fuse Box??  (Read 238 times)
AngelsFastpitch

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2014, 05:58:56 AM »

I blew a fuse this past weekend and now none of the speakers/tvs work.  Does anyone know where the fuse box is and what i'm looking to replace?  Maybe someone could point me to where I can purchase a owners manual or spec doc for a 1985 MCI 102A3 Bus

thanks

Let's Roll
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

This was in Bus Projects. Thought it would get more exposure here.

Anybody?

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »

You might want to at least put a first name and what area you might be close to incase another Busnut is close by that could help you out if needed.

As far as where is the fuse box is like asking what color should I paint my coach. We don't know what system all these things are a part of. Is it part of the original from factory part or a professional converter or a home built coach. My fuse box, actually breakers, for those things would be right above my head when I am driving. There is an AC panel for all the 120 volt house equipment and a DC panel for all the 24 & 12 volt stuff.

So sounds like a 12 volt circuit. If you can't find it either trace it from the battery's or or see where it is plugged in at and see if there is a fuse somewhere on that line. You might try using a good toner to trace the wiring down to the fuse or popped breaker.
E bay has manuals sometimes and just do a search for your coach. You can get reprints on some sites. Someone will probably put a link up. I can't find the link.

There might be a main fuse for all circuits also. Sorry best I can do with little info.

Dave5Cs
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:27:00 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:56:39 AM »

It seems your bus is a seated coach used to transport your softball team.  The TV's might be an up-fitted install, or they might be stock.  The MCI doesn't have fuses stock, it mostly has auto-reset breakers.  They will be in one of the three electrical bays - under the driver's window, in the AC bay, or in the engine compartment.  If the system is a retrofitted install, they could be anywhere.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »

I have the same bus.  It seems amazing, but you won't find any fuses.  Check under the driver side window, accessed from the outside.  There will be a wire diagram on the access door.  Your wires will terminate there....guarnteeed.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: