Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 11:56:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Newbie  (Read 398 times)
Cosmo

"Waitin' for the Bus"

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »

Just joined the club, didn't think I was hook as bad as I am! Always wanted a bus and have history with this one. This bus used to belong to a good friend. He passed away and his widow decided to start parting with some of their items. I told her that I would own the bus, we had to keep it in the circle of buddies. I helped with the motor build back in late 1989 and we broke it in by taking it to Sturgis. Not one single problem and what a blast! They moved to Tulsa and would see them every now and then. Found out later they got a toy hauler and the bus didn't go to the race track as much. Then he got sick and the bus sat for around three years and may have 8000 miles on it. So now I'm the caretaker of the bus. It runs strong and needs some TLC which is what has brought me to this site. I'm working with a 1964 GM PD-4106. I drove it about 50 miles and it is now in my driveway and I'm dealing with the three years of sitting. Replaced three broken windows, pulled the front wheels off, checked and greased it up, new shocks, just a lot of maintenance from neglect. The list goes on, but what I found as I got more into it, I'm a BusNut! Turned wrenches on a lot of Harleys and with the bus, I need bigger tools lol. So as I get further into getting the ol' girl back on the road you will be hearing more from me as I chase down parts and learn bus.......Cosmo

"I have bus fever, kinda like Harley crotch"
1964 GM PD4106 - 2473
DD V8-71/ Spicer 4 speed/ Wind
"Waitin' for the Bus"
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »

Welcome Cosmo, nice of you to take care of the bus, lvmci...
PS. How about some pictures, your engine and trans info, and your location...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Cosmo

"Waitin' for the Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »

Work some long hours, but I will get my profile updated with photos.But for now 8V71, 4 speed, Stillwater, OK. Calling it a night, morning comes way too early.

"I have bus fever, kinda like Harley crotch"
1964 GM PD4106 - 2473
DD V8-71/ Spicer 4 speed/ Wind
"Waitin' for the Bus"
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »

Welcome and keep us posted on all the fun and frustrations. I know I've had both with mine.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:02 PM »

Welcome, Cosmo!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:15 PM »

Cosmos -

Welcome aboard!  As somebody else mentioned, take a few minutes to update your profile.  Name, homebase city/state, coach make/model and powertrain configuration goes a long way in helping us help you.  Take a look at my signature line below for an example.  Simply click on the Profile tab above, on the next screen click on Forum Profile Info and follow the prompts.

What's the VIN on your coach?  PD4106-XXXX?

Sounds like you might have a keeper!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: