Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 04:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V730 Electric Shifter  (Read 298 times)
gus

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »

Just got home yesterday from a 5000 mi trip with a few problems, the newest one being my electric/air shifter only works about half the time. It especially won't work when hot?

I suspect low voltage to the solenoids but am looking for any other ideas??

The second one is low voltage to the VR, about 9.75 v which is not enough to provide the required 10+ v to the gen field. I jumped it directly to the batt to make it home. Works fine then. I suspect wiring in the engine run circuit.

The last problem is the solenoid that connects the house/bus batts won't energize from the switch. Jumped that one too!! Suspect the switch on this one because it is energized from the house batts.

Got the trans leak stopped until about the second day of the six week trip!! Not as bad as before though.

Almost forgot, lost taillights and rear markers plus one brake light and rear left turn the third week out. Direct wired the TLs via a temp switch but never got the others to work.

Not a dull trip!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:24 AM »

Take it off and clean the unit it may need some o-rings also it could have a inline filter (someplace) that requires changing over a period of time from the nasty air they gum up on the inside.That is a Stone/Bennett unit and parts are available from United Transmission www.utxchange.com

good luck  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:00:14 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
gus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »

luv,

Thanks, loads of good info in such a short post:)

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: