Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 05:56:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 32465 times)
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2006, 12:35:37 PM »

Wow,
I'm so thankful for everyone on this board and for the support shown to Dan's family by this community.  I'm also thankful to hear he is going to be okay and is looking towards the miracle of his future.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »

Thanks for the update Ace.

Moderator, can we append this thread to the other on, so there's only one to update?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2006, 02:21:01 PM »

As of this afternoon...

Paypal fund -    $2,912.80 USD
Checks received - $400.00
Total -              $3312.80

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »

Now,  since I'm not sure if I will make it to FL for New Years, and will be out of internet contact over Christmas, I think I will close out the Paypal fund next Thursday, so I can send a check for the funds to Jack Conrad. Jack has agreed to add it to the funds generated by the rally and deliver it to Ace to present to Dan and his family. If you haven'tmade a contribution to the fund, and wish to, please try to do so ASAP.

I know it's a long way to Atlanta, but wouldn't it be cool if all the rally participants could take a road trip up to see Dan and make the presentation?  Anyone bringing their seated coach?  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 02:33:25 PM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2006, 04:03:17 PM »

Thanks for the update Ace.

Moderator, can we append this thread to the other on, so there's only one to update?

All three have now been merged. 9 pages now I believe. Also some interesting stasticis. Richard.

Top 10 Topics (by Replies)
 POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!   234
What's The Latest Update On Daniel McMurphy?  128
Way off topic, but.... Random Acts Of Kindness...  123
Historical File On Tips  110
New Board Jump Start - Please Read First Message Before Posting!  95
Trip to StarJet update/ More Pics. It's DONE.....  89
Timmonsville Octoberfest- What we've planned so far  83
Stuck on the side of the road - UP-DATE  81
Fire, Brakes and a hell of a scare "DONE"  81
Massive gook buildup on brake drum  80

Top 10 Topics (by Views)
 POST YOUR BUS, INT, EXT,& FAMILY PICTURES HERE!   16777
New Board Jump Start - Please Read First Message Before Posting!  4014
What's The Latest Update On Daniel McMurphy?  3976
 Historical File On Tips  2719
Intelligent Dumb Question:  2711
Trip to StarJet update/ More Pics. It's DONE.....  2407
Fire, Brakes and a hell of a scare "DONE"  2133
Way off topic, but.... Random Acts Of Kindness...  1922
rooftop air  1859
ALL UP COMING RALLYS/SPECIAL EVENTS..Click Here  1845

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:29:52 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

Is there any way you can keep the account open a while longer? Dallas and I want to contribute but will not be able to until after the first of the year.  There might be others that are in the same situation and won't have the money to give until the beginning of January.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

Sure, we can make that work.

Since the paypal account is my personal account, and the checks are being deposited into my own bank account, I guess I have some control over it.  Wink

So, how's this sound?  Next week, I'll send Jack a check for whatever has been donated up to that point. I'll post it here. We'll keep the donate button up, and anyone else who wishes to donate later can still do so. We'll continue to collect the funds, and will send the follow-on donations down to Jack or Ace at a later time to present to Dan and his family.

This will allow more time for donations, but will get the majority of the collections to Dan in the near term.

Will that work?

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Dreamscape

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2006, 09:09:05 PM »

I'm glad you are leaving the account open, as Daniels expenses will go on for a long time into the future.

At least we all can help him some with the ongoing expeses, I'm sure it will be huge.

Maybe some of the new members will jump in to. As fast as this group is growing it will all help.

Paul

Dreamscape
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2006, 09:15:10 PM »

And for those of you coming late to the party, here's a link to the donation page, fresh at the top of the thread... for now..
www.thefamilybus.net/accident/ 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2006, 04:59:24 AM »

That is wonderful! Thank you very much for doing that.  I would hate to miss the opportunity to give to help Daniel.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »

As of this evening...

Paypal fund -    $3,009.60 USD
Checks received - $525.00
Total -              $3534.60

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Ace

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »

UPDATE!!![/size]

Received this email today and wanted to pass this along for everyone to share...

Hi Ace,

We had a very good visit with Danny.  He was so glad to hear from you.  What the Busnuts are doing has been the biggest boost for him.  He is blessed with his life, family and the wonderful people in the Busnut family.

Attached is a picture of Danny back in bed after sitting in a wheel chair (for an hour) for the first time.  He said it felt soooogood to sit in that wheel chair. He feels very blessed to have his life.   He will be having a skin graft on Tuesday on his right leg. He is working hard to get out by Christmas, since this is his baby’s first Christmas.

One request he has, is if anyone knows how he can find out about getting hand controls put in his Yukon.  I can tell he doesn’t want to slow down any more than he has to.

I know he will have ups and downs, but with all the support and encouragement he has been getting, he is having ups when most of us would be having downs.

.Just wanted to say thanks again from the McMurphy Family.

P.S.  Danny said you can post the picture on the site and say a big THANK YOU! , to everyone.

Debbie McMurphy Greek
Attachment: Copy of P1010835.JPG (840K)

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

Dan, his wife and his beautiful little baby girl!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2006, 08:02:34 AM »

Ace -

Pass this link onto Dan & his family.  There's lots of stuff available nowdays, primarily due to the ADA legislation of 1990.

http://usatechguide.org/techguide.php?vmode=1&catid=34

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
oRV

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

Friends of Daniel:  I am Orv and an above the knee amputee as of three months tomorrow!  As a retired bus driver (Trailways) and avid RVer, I would love to get to know someone such as Daniel and to be of peer counsel/assistanace to him.  I may be reached via orvhazelton@escapees.com.  Daniel, each of our roads to recovery is challenging, but the only difficult days are yesterday and the present and future hold the promises of hope!  I will pray that you and your family do well, and please don't hesitate to contact me should you like to just talk or if I may be of help. . . oRV
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: