Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel McMurphy's Bus Accident.. [2 more weeks sticky]  (Read 32769 times)
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2006, 11:10:59 AM »

I can also update the donations amount right on the button page every day (or more). It would be cool if we could get some sort of "instant" account amount from Craig's account, but I'm not a very sophisticated Web/ script dude.

As to Chuck's question (I'll PM him), Craig is collecting our donations to send to Daniel's family to help with his medical bills. Details about the accident and surgery are on the "button" page: http://www.thefamilybus.net/accident/

Brian "adding to the 70+ posts"  Wink Brown

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2006, 11:21:21 AM »

Chuck,

I'll thin out some posts on this thread so more folks can follow it.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2006, 11:27:47 AM »

Hey Friends!

[/size]

Thanks to everyone who has visited my Zazzle store so far. I have just added the following items to the "Bussin'" section.

o Refrigerator Magnets
  o Key Chain
  o Trucker's Hat
  o Coffee Mug, Travel Mug, and Stein
  o T-Shirts (white and black shirts)

Here is one of the things on the T-Shirts and magnets:

BUSNUT
Entry: bus * nut
Pronunciation: 'b&s - 'n&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle American, shortened form of omnibus, French, from Latin, for all, dative plural of omnis; from the Middle English nute, note, from Old English hnutu.
1: one who is ardently attached to the pursuit of buying, restoring, refitting, and living in a large motor vehicle originally designed to carry passengers usually along a fixed route according to a schedule
2: an individual with a strong liking or desire for or devotion to any activity, object, or concept involving a bus
3: a foolish, eccentric, or crazy person especially when buses are concerned
4: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another

As a reminder I have promised to donate all profits earned from the sale of items from now until the PayPal account for Daniel is closed. It doesn't matter if the items are bus related or not. This is in addition to the personal donation that my wife and I will be making, and the card (with an enclosed Bus picture) that we will be sending.

Merry Christmas everyone!

- John Uftring & Natasha Euliss-Uftring
  '51 GMC PD4103

Hi John,

Normally, We don't allow advertisements. Since you are Not listing prices and you are donateing proceeds to this cause, I'll will leave it..
Thanks
Nick-

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:36:08 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »

Here is the news on this accident:

A bus and tractor trailer collided on Interstate 20 just west of Atlanta Monday afternoon, trapping the bus driver.

Officer Joe Cobb, spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department, says Daniel McMurphy, 52, of Union, Mississippi, was the sole occupant of the bus. Cobb says the tractor trailer in front of McMurphy slowed for traffic, and he plowed into the back of the truck.

The accident happened in the eastbound lanes of the interstate.

Cobb says rescue workers spent at least an hour freeing McMurphy, and he was sent to Grady Memorial Hospital with critical injuries. He said the driver of the truck was not injured.

The accident happened about 1:30 p.m., and the wreckage was cleared from the interstate about two and a half hours later.

Ok latest news I got after talking directly to Dennis, Dan's brother, is he is in ICU and stable. All vital signs are very good and he was just about to go into final surgery as of 10am to close up everything they opened yesterday. They did a scan and found no other problems anywhere. The biggest thing is he did lose both legs right above the knees.

He also said his wife WAS behind him in their car but a little ways back and saw a lot of debri and knew from the look of it that it was Dan that was involved. The bystanders would not let her get close enough and sent her directly to the hospital. Dennis said that he is still very sedated and they expect him to start communicating sometime this evening or tomorrow, though he has responded briefly to conversation from family members.

Dennis also said that they were moving from Ms to, I think he said Blairsville Ga, and this was their final trip, because of lack of work and income in Ms.. and they have NO Insurance of any kind! A fund will be started at Wachovia bank but has not been done yet so he thought!

His mother who lives here in Bushnell Fl. will be going to Atlanta Ga next Wednesday to be with him!

As for his eagle Bus and their personal belongings, a friend in Ga. and his trucking company have made arrangements to tow the bus to a safe and secure storage yard nearby and his wife and brother have already received help with their personal belongings, again, so he said!

Seeing as how the couple were a little strapped financially, and had no insurance, is this something the busnut community would want to get involved in with a $$$ fund of some sort, or maybe we can put something together at the bus rally in Arcadia? I've never done anything like this so i'm open for suggestions!

Thanks again and if anything else transpires, I'll let you know!

Ace

This is just great to see you guys come forward zand take the reins!

I just got off the phone with Dennis, dan's brother and he said Dan just got out of surgery and is resting! The medical staff has not told them anything more than what they told them before other than his vital signs are stable.

I also talked to his sister Dee, who is transporting Dan's wife to and from the hospital and having her to stay with her at her house. She said that an account was planning onbeing set up in Wachovia but has not been done yet! I told her about what we (the busnut community) were talking about doing and she thought that was just GREAT. So great se started to cry on the phone! I told her that if we pulled together with our plans that it would probably be a seperate thing than what they are doing and would probably be sent along as one lump sum! Again she was in total agreement!

As for the Hospital address? She didn't know it right off but said that it is the Grady memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Ga. and dan would be in the ICU section 7-L and thast he would get anything that was sent there! I'm sure the actuall address could be found and posted!

If anyone wantsd to call to verify any of this inof the numbers I have are:

Dennis  cell   321/863-4683
Dee  cell     706/994-0464
Dee home  706/745-3952

They live in a rural area and she said sometimes the cell signal does not work at home! (must be nextel)

Anyway, this is all I know and if i said or did anything wrong with our plans, I appoligize! Like I said, I never did anything like this before!

Ace  cell 863/559-9067

This appears to be the location - HTH

www.gradyhealthsystem.org

Grady Memorial Hospital
80 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 616-4307

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:43:37 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »

Greetings folks - the PayPal stuff works flawlessly.  I just ran through it all myself.  Thanks Craig, Ace, Nick, Brian,  et al who have been working on this.   

Hopefully we as busnuts will be able in some small way to bless this family through our efforts.

Kind Regards to all,  Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2006, 01:15:26 PM »

Anyone know Ian well enough to ask him to post this on the Busnut board also?? Just in case someone my not be a member of both boards.

Dale
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2006, 02:52:57 PM »

Anyone know Ian well enough to ask him to post this on the Busnut board also?? Just in case someone my not be a member of both boards.

Dale

OK, I sent an e-mail to him
Nick-

THAIGHT

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2006, 04:32:23 PM »

My first post. I would like to have the snailmail address as there is no immediate hurry and by sending a check the whole donation goes directly to the fund for distribution. This really brings home the generosity and caring of this family of busnuts.
Tim
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:31 PM »

I am in the process of putting together another page that I will host off site for anyone who would like to list their business as a supporter of this initiative.  In addition to a link to the PayPal donations, ( if thats okay?!?) It will have the information regarding various businesses that are willing to contribute a portion of their proceeds to the fund.  I am providing this page so as not to infringe on MAKs advertising revenues, but allow the business people to take part too...

Folks, Were not asking you to buy anything,  but if we have a service or item you are currently looking for, Consider the fact that the business listed will contribute part or all of their proceeds to Daniel McMurphy.

If you are a business owner or other entrepreneur  send a button, banner or url to my profiles email and any additional information (Percentage, terms etc.) and I will send you the Link for approval prior to publishing

Cap'n Ron...
    Might have to have a thong section for you    Grin

Nick-  There is one in every Crowd!!    Grin Grin Grin

Jim
RMC

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 06:29:22 PM »

We sent ours also hope it helps! Ron and Linda Crabtree Cry
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006, 07:11:24 PM »

Hi Guys
I have been out of town for a week. Just got a chance to look at the thread. Very tragic situation. I made a contribution and like all others have said, prayers go out to the family and Daniel.
Ace-great to think of helping
Craig and Brian-great job on the site

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
JerryH

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2006, 04:30:40 AM »

Glad "button" is up and running -- count us in as well. 

FWIW:  Seems this topic has reached another BBS ==> http://forum.bustalk.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=e42907c04bf828afe02a9123b0c8391e&topic=3435.from1165422142;topicseen

Jerry H.
Foolsgold

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2006, 08:50:14 AM »

Craig and everyone else, that is GREAT but we as a whole can do much better I'm sure!

I know most of you didn't know this guy or his family but if you think about what one poster said, it could have been any one of us at any time! Would that have made a difference? Most of us only know each other thru sites like this and eventually meet one aother at a rally for a short period of time. Yes some relationships turn into long lasting friendships  from there but and some just continue on being just a name on a BB! It really not different. Dan was a Bus Mechanic, loved busses and took the time to convert Eagle  his own coach his way just like you and me! Just because he didn't get on te internet or go to any rallies, doesn't mean he isn't one of us! He's just like most of us if not more!

Come on and give what you can! It will definitely go for a good cause especially at a time of need!

Now with that said...

I talked to Dennis this morning who is now back in Florida. The last update was that he thought Dan was finished with all the surgeries. He is not! In fact he has one more minor surgery onhis legs that will take place early next week. Only thing the doctors have told them is EVERYTHING else is in good condition and Dan is in good health otherwise! Dan has opened his eyes wide and has responded with head nods more with conversation from family members.

Dennis said he would send me a picture of Dan, his wife, and his daughter!  Didn't know about the daughter. Could be from an existing marriage of his wife's but I didn't think Dan had a daughter unless she was born since he left Fl. which would make her very young!

Dennis also said that if he wasn't in Ga at the time of the Arcadia Rally that he might make the trip down there  to see everyone that has been involved in what we are doing!

I will be sending Dennis the link to this site and the pay-pal site for him and his family to see as well!

Jack I received your email this morning, and thanks for your offering!

Ace
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2006, 09:41:54 AM »

I have to agree with Ace! We have 1118 members here. If everyone would give just $20 that would be an easy $22K. I know most of you will waste more than $20 on a tool or something else you can put off buying this month. Just try to imagine yourself in Dan's position. Dan needs our help folks.

I personally don't know this guy, but I believe we need to try to help one of our own. 

Dale
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

Count me in as well! Craig I'll send mine snail mail again!

Ok now I know this is sort of a shot in the dark this early in the game but. Being in the towing and recovery business for years, I know first hand how very large bills grow on a unit such as this first the recovery from the scene is costly, then there is the storage that grows DAILY for every day it sits in a secured yard it can go anywhere from $25.00 (very cheap) to $200.00 a day on a vehicle this size! ($75.00-100.00 probably avg. not sure in Atlanta as I don't have any personal connections there!)

My thought is can we do serveral things to help Dan and family out by someone first finding out if they are even interested in trying to salvage this bus? Then how about someone from the area knowledgable in buses go to where it's stored and see if it's worth salvaging or not and see about working on a plan to pay the bill and get the storage fee waved for a period until a suitable location is found to move it too. Then once a place is secured to take it to, have it moved for them either by hiring the company where it is now, someone else, or if it's to be a long distance (like maybe one of our owns place, to maybe start a new chartity of offering our skills and time to start rebuilding it to where it is useable for them again) I could aquire a unit to tow it with and donate my time  and fuel $ to do so.

Just some thoughts from a wandering mind! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: