Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:29:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some locksmith help  (Read 880 times)
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »

My bus came with an old style Bargman RV door lock, that worked but was missing the key. It also had a home style deadbolt that was used to lock the bus. Problem was after aligning the door, the deadbolt didn't line up perfectly with the hole in the door frame. To lock the door it had to be left open a half inch. Only yesterday, after 7 years, did it occur to me that maybe I could have a key made for the old Bargman. Brought it to locksmith shop and was told "good luck. We can't make keys for that". Went into a small glass/paint/lock shop in a little neighboring town. He smiled and asked where I got that from? After saying he couldn't make a key, he wrote a name and number down and said "give this guy a call". Turned out to be a guy who works out of his van. I tracked him down working in a new strip mall in Duluth and drove over. Fifteen minutes later, i left with three brand new keys for my Bargman. Cost me 23.00 bucks! Its so nice to run into these kind of craftsmen.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »

Doors on a Eagle can be a mess most came with bi fold doors and people welded both 1/2's together making a 1 piece using the old frame it can get interesting to say the least

Life is short drink the good wine first
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 01:30:21 PM »

Sean's door was actually built from new materials by Virginia Custom Coach when I bought the coach in 1998 from Sawyers Bus Sales and was built to replace the old double door. I never had the inside plate off of the door but the latch was a part of the door build.

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: