Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 07:32:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slides  (Read 726 times)
grayhound

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

I am looking for someone to install 2 slides. They must have a good track record on 102A3 1 10ft and 1 15ft. Please post here or email @ rcamp1@windstream.net Thanks Jerry

86 102A3 50S B500
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »

B&B in Vegas but 25 feet of slides is going to cost on a converted bus you will lucky to have it done for $75,000 + with good mechanisms maybe time to sell and upgrade to later model bus that was designed for slides 

The D model is a good candidate for slides I don't think they look as good as A model IMO I watched slides installed in a A model at H&B that is a major operation with the overhead truss that was the only way Bob would do one 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:12:18 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:32:34 AM »

I wanted to have an 8ft rear slide out and a 7ft left side slide out done by B&B. They wanted $22,000 per slide. $44,000 is 1/3 the cost of my complete conversion. Needless to say, I do not have slides. Good luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »

There is a lot of liability when installing slides for customers Gary has had to redo 1 or 2 in the past.I have friend in AZ someone installed slides in his MCI 9 that had no idea what they were doing it is a mess Jerry is looking for someone to avoid that so he will pay  Roll Eyes

lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »

And it takes a lot of time to do it, but its remarkable to watch, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »

On a slightly different subject.  Has anybody ever put a slide in an 05 Eagle that is already converted and has a raised roof, cafe doors, and a hydraulic system?

Don and Cary

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

Hi C & D, Gary over at B&Bs speciality is Eagles, as Clifford said, I think he was the President of Eagles at one time, he's very knowledgeable about them, but he just finished a Prevost, adding 4 slides on it and fixing a country coach with a massive 14ft, I think, slide messed up by a fire, it amazing to watch them cut holes in the sides of these buses and build slideouts, he explained the sikoflex (spelling) applicatiin process to me, thats very interesting, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
grayhound

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 01:11:22 PM »

Why would a D be better then a A for slides.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:43:27 PM by grayhound » Logged

86 102A3 50S B500
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »

I always wanted to have a slideout in the back, holding a queen size bed, like some class Cs have. Straight out the back above the engine, not street side or curbside, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »

Van should be posting soon Smiley  He can certainly give you a perfect overview of what it takes to put in slides.  Its a bit of work.  From the work I saw being done at B&B its a lot more than you'd think to get slides in.

-Sean

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »

I just bought 2 slide seals from Prevost for a friend 5 grand for 2 pieces of rubber

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »

I always wanted to have a slideout in the back, holding a queen size bed, like some class Cs have. Straight out the back above the engine, not street side or curbside, lvmci...

I've done exactly that to mine - have a look in the Projects section at the thread for Maggie the Plaxton Paramount. It's currently near the bottom of the second page because the thread has not been updated in quite a while (work on the bus is still progressing though - the third slide is about 90% done, and the fourth is on it's way).

The photos of the rear slide in the project thread are from over 3 years ago and were taken when it was in it's first rough coat of primer. It looks much better now Wink

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »

Hi Jeremy, very impressive, exactly what I was thinking of, the 5As have a full window across the back, which means the vertical supports for the engine bay are on the side, versus the modern busses that have beams in the middle where the window would be. That would be the major problem for putting a slide back there. Lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 05:17:48 AM »

Slides on the Eagle would be pretty straight forward IMHO, after having done the XLII Prevost where the top of the slide out opening extends up into the curve of the roof line. the MCI like the Prevost would require the extra frame reinforcement. Give Gary a call at B&B for all the details  Wink
 Clifford, yup those seals could be a deal breaker for some  Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: