Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 10:29:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Skylight Parts  (Read 368 times)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »

I haven't posted here in a while, but I still peruse the threads when time permits and really enjoy a lot of the posts. Today, I am looking for a source for skylight parts for an older Marathon conversion. I found 'Skyport' on the hinge piece, but haven't had any luck searching either the internet or the threads here with that name. The problem I've encountered is the hinges have finally failed, the hard plastic turned brittle from the heat and sun and has crumbled away. They don't leak, but it makes them hard to open and close. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?  Cry

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 12:18:25 PM »

Try Taylor marine skylight/hatches that is what I saw Marathon replacing the older ones with a few years ago they were pricey the owner told me

Life is short drink the good wine first
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »

Try Taylor marine skylight/hatches that is what I saw Marathon replacing the older ones with a few years ago they were pricey the owner told me

Hey Cliff, I figured if anyone had a suggestion it would be you, and I appreciate your input. Pricey is an understatement. I'm hoping to find just the hardware and not have to replace. The ones offered at Taylor marine would be worth more than the bus, not to mention the hassle of upsizing and cutting a new hole in the roof to get a proper fit when the DW really wants me to plug the holes that are already in the roof. She's not a big fan of skylights and told me as much when we bought the bus. I feel really really fortunate that they've never leaked LOL, but with the warmer weather, they do get opened a lot. I built custom screens for them to keep the bugs out and I like the light they let in. DW even stain glassed the one in the kitchen after she figured out that I wasn't going to remove them. And she really appreciates it when I open the one in the bathroom....
Thanks Cliff

eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »

Bomar...19.75" x 19.75"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomar-Pompanette-Gray-Low-Profile-Hatches-19-75-x-19-75-/271537642734?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3f38e79cee&vxp=mtr

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

After getting in touch with Marathon, they sent me to Bomar. I'm waiting for a reply back from them as to whether they have any parts left over from the stone age. Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: