Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 08:56:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8V92 fuel fitting  (Read 230 times)
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »

You may remember my post a while back about my fuel leak.....I had a 1/4" brass nipple as the fuel inlet fitting on the driver side head on my 8V92.  The brass nipple cracked in half and was leaking fuel down onto my exhaust manifold.  I was very lucky that it did not break off completely.  In that thread, Clifford said that the correct fuel fitting was a long hex nipple and he thought it was made by Parker.  I searched on the web for this and had no luck and replaced it with a regular steel nipple.  I always respect Cliffords opinion cause he has probably forgotten more than I will ever know about these engines so I kept looking for the right fitting and I found an old Parker catalog that had them as a part number 4-4 MHLN-4.  I took this to my buddies at the local NAPA store and they found a place that carries Parker and they crossed it to a new number 1/4X4.0 FFF-S and I managed to get one!  Since my engine is still apart while I replace all the coolant hoses, I decided to go back and change the fitting to the correct one.  You could argue that a standard steel nipple is plenty strong enough in this application and your right but I enjoyed the challenge of finding the right one!  Its also easier to put in and take out since it is a 4" long full hex fitting.

I attached some photos.

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »

Persistence pays!  Good job!

GaryD

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »

There you go Bruce that one won't break  Roll Eyes

Life is short drink the good wine first
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »

I'm gonna check tomorrow and see if that's what I have!  good job!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: