Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:39:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus garage  (Read 1134 times)
bigred

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

Can anyone tell me of a person in western North Carolina that is a decent Prevost repair man??I didn't know when I bought this thing what a problem it would be to find someone who knows how to repair these buses.Actually ,finding someone who has a pit or a lift is the big problem.Heck ,if I could get under it ,I have every confidence that I could fix it myself!!I have tried repeatedly to get it in to a local bus company ,but can't even get a return call from them.I know that this is their busy season,but I see other buses coming and going from there regularly.
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »

Big Red - Check in with Frankie Goodson at Goodson bus sales in Maiden. 4841 Maiden Hwy, Maiden, NC 28650
(828) 428-4102  He is good people and will know where to go to get the work done properly.

There are also quite a few bus nuts out that way that frequent this board and could probably chime in here and give you some great places to get the work done.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

The Prevost service centers in NJ and FL are not a bad choice if it is electrical and air that were I would head those are well over engineered places on a Prevost most shops have no clue on how they work and you pay for their education  JMO

Life is short drink the good wine first
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »

Big Red

If Frankie in Maiden can not help try Davids Coach on Hy 18 between Morganton and Shelby.

Both are good but David is special.  He looks after HUGGY for me.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »

Try http://www.mobilemotorcoachsolutions.com/
Tell Woody Bryce from Lakeside Travel told you to call!
Grin  BK  Grin
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:59 AM »

bigred.......

Jeff Rowe of Vonore TN is probably the closest that I would recommend. He is a Prevost certified shop.

http://www.easttennesseeluxurycoach.com/

Also there are a lot of Prevost owners on this site including some very knowledgable owners from western NC

http://prevostcommunity.com/index.asp

The quickest way to get your wallet vaccumed out is to have someone not familiar with the suspension, electrical, or pneumatic system on a Prevost attempt to repair any but the most basic problems.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

Thanks Guys!  I have gotten all these numbers and and will be getting in touch with some of these guy's .As I said ,it is more of a problem getting under this thing than repairing it is .I mean ,it is an air leak .It comes up to ride level and will stay there as long as the bus is running but after parking the bus, the left side droops.This is not rocket science and I may wind up jacking and blocking this thing up and getting under there my self,but I would rather  pay some one that has the proper means of lifting this bus to find and repair the leak.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »

I have no idea what model and year the bus is but when you get into the hi buoy,low buoy,low level,active air leveling and kneeling on a Prevost it does become a rocket science to me I am not to proud to take one to Prevost  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes but it never happens with me till I wasted a week and spent more than Prevost charged me
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:21:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Jon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 11:57:05 AM »

Big Red,

Give me a little information about your coach, vintage, seated or MH or entertainer and I might be able to help you with the diagnosis so you don't even need to get under the coach.

But let me caution you that the suspension as Clifford says is misunderstood and letting someone not familiar with it can be very expensive.

Jon

Knoxville, TN
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »

Very true;could be as simple as a push fitting. They tend to fail!  Simple to replace with compression fitting. which is much more reliable...  soapy water is your tell tale air leak detector.  visit prevostcommunity.com   look at top under articles ---there is a good description of how the system works..  for coach specific info (not converter mods) go to prevostcar.com   you will need your last letter in your serial # plus last 4 numbers(unit number)..  Good luck..... Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »

Jon:My coach is actually a Country Coach conversion.1994 conversion on a 1993 chassis.Some of the stuff on this thing is down right weird.For instance all the dash instrumentation operates off the house batteries not the chassis battery and the house batteries do not charge off the engine alternator If the house batteries are down,none of the controls work not even the gen start switch.You have to go outside and start it from the generator compartment.It has been a educational experience to say the least.When I first bought it ,the level lo system didn't work at all.Thanks to you guys and the Prevost web site plus reading every bit of literature I could find ,I have the level lo system operating as it should if I can just locate this leak!!   
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:22:37 PM »

Really need to know the Prevost "chassis manufacture date" and what model it is including VIP etc. designation. Could be as others have suggested or merely a $30 solenoid on the ride control valves under the driver. HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:57 AM »

bigred,

Your vintage chassis had a level low control system with what we now consider "reverse logic". The system requires that the accessory air system maintain a pressure of at least 30 to 35 PSI. Once accessory system pressure drops below that the 3 port Norgren valve located on the frame between the drive and tag axles will shift from maintaining an open path between the drive and tag air bags to shutting off that path and releasing the pressure in the tag axle air bag.

I don't know if that is the air leak you hear, but when the valve shifts you can hear the air discharge from the tag air bag and the coach will lean because it loses the support from the air bag.

Jon

Knoxville, TN
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 05:49:51 AM »

Niles:I will get that info to you the first of the week.I have it in for an oil change (alltho most people tell me the 8v-92 has an automatic oil changer) and lube.I did change the center solenoid coil and reconnected some wiring that had been disconnected and that got the Level-Lo system working .I do know the aux air system is leaking some where because the air will deplete from this system over night.The "dry" system will stay charged for well over a week.I have been a bus nut for as long as I can remember,and actually worked for a bus company in the 70's.What we were dealing with then was a bunch of 3751's ,three Scnicrusier's and a "Henry J" ,But this Prevost is a whole different can of worms.I bid on this thing and when I went to get it it was "here's the key's,don't call us we'll call you" sort of deal.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 06:31:49 AM »

Did Country Coach ever convert a H series VIP ?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: