Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 01:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost rebuild (bob's)  (Read 547 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »

Been almost 3 yrs when I started with a salvage shell. no engine trans or rear end. Was a entertainer coach. Progress has been slow but learning curve seems slower. I have rebuilt ,the entire bus suspension, built and installed drive train electrical systems,built and installed conversion with 3 slides. I do know every fitting and wire on coach(very well) Wish I had been younger when I did this! Heck of a education! I need to update bus project thread.. I  read the forum daily and learn something new.. I have no schedule to finish.  conversion is 85% finished. Mechanical= engine fired rite off and computers are talking to each other.. Need to install propeller shaft.. Have it out because it is easier to finish fastening all the hoses-wires-air  lines in place when you are to sit up between trans and rear end. All systems check out..Time for final button up. Waiting for last J-1939 cable..should be here Wed. I missed one between DDEC and Trans control module.  The guys that helped=could not do it without you.  Thanks!!  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »

That is an Amazing project, Bob. I am glad you are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I can not wait to see it again.

Davy

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »

Bob - That is so exciting.  Can't wait to see you on the road.  Will you be taking it to Arcadia this year?  If we come through Indiana I'm stopping by to see it.

-Sean

Fulltiming somewhere in the USA
1984 Eagle 10S
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »

Bob is my hero.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:54:52 AM »

Good job Bob! Understand just what you had on your plate  Wink Got one down 2 to go  Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »

At best it will look presentable to homebuilders. It will not resemble nor shine like a factory Job. Will probably remain in primer (paint damaged area) till next year. New siding for the fire damaged stainless. Has and is good therapy for me..Have often thought about purchasing a mid late 90's ride and drive coach.. Just not me..Sure like to look at them though.. My joy came when engine turned over a few times and fired up with zero smoke and responded to throttle.. air system loose ends tied up yesterday-check off list..    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
dukegrad98

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »

I literally don't know how you do it.  Glad to hear that the project is going well for you!

Cheers, John
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

Hey Bob, good to hear. Hopefully you have time for steaming as well? We've got a few steam shows lined up this year. Now that I've got my bus back together those shows are a reality!
Keep the faith!

Fred Thomson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: