Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 09:15:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake air lines  (Read 611 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

I thought we were talking about those rubber short hoses that connect to the brake chamber that are factory made with appropriate fittings, not made by some counter jockey with a roll of hose, fittings and a hose crimper. That would be insanely expensive.

This is what I thought too.  Even if I replaced every one of the rubber air hoses to the brake chambers with new factory made ones the total should be under $100.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

I thought we were talking about those rubber short hoses that connect to the brake chamber that are factory made with appropriate fittings, not made by some counter jockey with a roll of hose, fittings and a hose crimper. That would be insanely expensive.
   Here:

http://www.nickstruckparts.com/airhose.html

that site shows 10$ for a 3 ft x 1/2" hose.....that you can make for $1.50 with your old fitting...if a 3 foot hose will work for you...they never do in my experience.

to each his own.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: