Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 09:02:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel leak on Onan Gen Set - Is this contagious or what!!!  (Read 867 times)
Dreamscape

« on: December 16, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »

I have been working on preparing for my trip next week to Texas.

Started the 12 KW Gen Set and found a fuel leak at the glass bowl, or so I thought. Angry

I ended up removing the fuel pump. Have you ever tried to fit your body into a hole smaller than you are!!!!! I twisted and turned, adjusted my light source, dropped the wrench, said a few choice words along the way, and removed the unit. I had to do this because I could not tighten the 4 or 5 bolts on top of the fuel pump. It took me longer to remove the unit by 30 minutes than to tighten the bolts, which took 30 seconds. What a frustrating procedure to say the least.

Fired her up and and whoola, no leak. Grin Grin

That is one project that I want to tackle when we get settled. Make a slide out for the Gen Set. I can't work on it this way.

That was my fun project for the day.

I had intended to do other things, but this took almost half a day to sort things out.  Cry Cry Cry

I hope your day was better than mine.

Now maybe I can finish the lubrication on the coach tomorrow. Then I will be ready to head out on Thursday.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »

Hay Paul,

If you have any fuel smells, I can tell you how to get rid of them.....lol

I'M AN EXPERT NOW
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:57:12 AM »

Then I will be ready to head out on Thursday.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Good LUCK, have safe trip & let us know about the trip! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: