Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 01:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel leak on Onan Gen Set - Is this contagious or what!!!  (Read 896 times)
Dreamscape

« on: December 16, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »

I have been working on preparing for my trip next week to Texas.

Started the 12 KW Gen Set and found a fuel leak at the glass bowl, or so I thought. Angry

I ended up removing the fuel pump. Have you ever tried to fit your body into a hole smaller than you are!!!!! I twisted and turned, adjusted my light source, dropped the wrench, said a few choice words along the way, and removed the unit. I had to do this because I could not tighten the 4 or 5 bolts on top of the fuel pump. It took me longer to remove the unit by 30 minutes than to tighten the bolts, which took 30 seconds. What a frustrating procedure to say the least.

Fired her up and and whoola, no leak. Grin Grin

That is one project that I want to tackle when we get settled. Make a slide out for the Gen Set. I can't work on it this way.

That was my fun project for the day.

I had intended to do other things, but this took almost half a day to sort things out.  Cry Cry Cry

I hope your day was better than mine.

Now maybe I can finish the lubrication on the coach tomorrow. Then I will be ready to head out on Thursday.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »

Hay Paul,

If you have any fuel smells, I can tell you how to get rid of them.....lol

I'M AN EXPERT NOW
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:57:12 AM »

Then I will be ready to head out on Thursday.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Good LUCK, have safe trip & let us know about the trip! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: