Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 10:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What airport to fly into for Bussin' 2007?  (Read 1496 times)
belfert

« on: December 16, 2006, 05:53:44 PM »

It looks like I might end up flying down to Florida for Bussin' 2007.  What is the best airport to arrive at?  It is getting late to buy a airplane ticket, but Suncountry offers pretty cheap fares up to 3 or 4 days in advance and they fly to several airports in Florida.

My main obstacle to going is getting time off work.  I'm not sure if my coworker is off at that time or not.  I don't have enough vacation available to drive down unfortunately.

Brian Elfert
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:46:57 AM »

We flew into Tampa/St.Pete.  Easy commute.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:31 AM »

Closest is Southwest Regional Airport, Fort Myers, Florida. From the airport take Daniels Parkway to I-75, I-75 north across the Caloosahatchee River to Exit 143 (SR 78). East on SR 78 to SR 31 (SR 78 ends at SR31). SR 31 north to Arcadia. (SR 31 ends at SR 70 in Arcadia). Turn left on SR 70, right at the next stoplight Turner Road. North on turner Road to the Next stoplight. Turner Center in on the right. Southwest Regional Airport to Arcadia is about 1 to 1 1/4 hour drive.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:26:59 AM »

With traffic 1 and a 1/4 days Grin
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:51:25 AM »

Hey Jack,

Uh, I know there's a bus sales company in Arcadia. But I forget who it is ? Also are they good to del with?  And would they be open around the time of Bussin' 2007 ? (I know lots of places close down that time of yr as business is usually slow and to let there employees enjoy the holidays !)

BK Grin

Just try'n to think of away to justify to dad why the company ought to send me down there then! LOL!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 08:53:06 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:59:16 AM »

Hey Jack,

Uh, I know there's a bus sales company in Arcadia. But I forget who it is ? Also are they good to del with?  And would they be open around the time of Bussin' 2007 ? (I know lots of places close down that time of yr as business is usually slow and to let there employees enjoy the holidays !)

There are Horizon Coach and Heartland Coach both in Arcadia.  Bussin' 2007 is sponsored by Horizon Coach so one would assume they will be open.  Horizon Coach used to hold the Bussin' rallies at their facility, but they moved in the last year and cannot accomodate the rallies at their new site.

It looks like if I want to fly down at this point that Tampa is less expensive than Ft. Meyers.  My preferred airline that flies to both Tampa and Ft. Meyers is all booked on Friday and Monday.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:03:05 AM »

There are Horizon Coach and Heartland Coach both in Arcadia. 
It looks like if I want to fly down at this point that Tampa is less expensive than Ft. Meyers.  My preferred airline that flies to both Tampa and Ft. Meyers is all booked on Friday and Monday.

Brian Elfert

So go late Thursday & Sunday! (or Tuesday) BK  Grin

oh yeah thanks for the answer!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:09:59 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:38:29 AM »

So go late Thursday & Sunday! (or Tuesday) BK  Grin

Flights on that airline to Ft Meyers are booked for the entire week except Christmas day.  I'm guessing all the snowbirds are going to their winter homes as there is space to get back pretty much any day.

Brian Elfert
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »

Brian - Cheap flights are available out of St. Petersburg/Clearwater

http://www.fly2pie.com/airlines_destinations/

Rental cars also usually cheaper

Don't forget Sarasota too - but flying in and out of snowbirdville this time of year is kinda impossible - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 01:07:45 PM »

BK,
   Heres an excuse for you.  I know Horizon Coach will be open for business, they are one of our sponsors and will probably have a few busus on display at Bussin' 2007.  I am pretty sure Heartland Coach will also be open.  Heartland Coach has mostly conversions on site. Horizon has conversions, entertainers, and seated coaches on site. I  picked up a nice 2000 Bluebird LTC40 seated coach for them last week in Ocala along with with 6 other drivers and 6 additional BB LTC40 coaches.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 03:18:50 PM »

BK,
   Heres an excuse for you.  I know Horizon Coach will be open for business, they are one of our sponsors and will probably have a few busus on display at Bussin' 2007.  I am pretty sure Heartland Coach will also be open.  Heartland Coach has mostly conversions on site. Horizon has conversions, entertainers, and seated coaches on site. I  picked up a nice 2000 Bluebird LTC40 seated coach for them last week in Ocala along with with 6 other drivers and 6 additional BB LTC40 coaches.  Jack

Jack,
     Thanks for the info! And yes those LTC40's are nice! But dad an I have already talked about it and at this time they are ruled out because for the kinda $ they are bringing we need/can-get a 45' coach for charters. But we have said it'd be a nice way to go for xtra 40'ers, but at this time our market is screeming for 45'ers and we don't have one. Like I keep tell'n dad we can send a 40'er to do the job of a 45'er, but it's a little difficult to send a 40'er in place of a 45'er when they have 50+ passangers! BK  Grin

But hey I saw they both have some 45'ers and I'll even trell him about the LTC's just incase he still is interested (I'm the one who's not! LOL!)  Cool

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »

One other airport to look at would be:

Orlando-Sanford International ... located in Sanford Florida ( I think it's " SFB " )
Allegiant Air flies $69 per person each way to there.

Sanford is 120 miles from Arcadia and Enterprise has a rental car agency there. Or hook up with
someone coming from the Orlando Area and Bum a ride. ( about 3 hour ride or less. )

I will be heading to Arcadia on the 26th and back here on the 1st. I go right by the airport
to work and back. You would be welcome to ride down with me but your schedule may not
allow us to hook up.

Dave....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

Belfert,
For busn 2004 my wife and I flew into tampa, rented a car and drove to Arcadia, its a nice ride.  We stayed at a little motel in town, decent rates, and pretty clean. If I remember right its only about 90 miles, we made good time, almost no traffic, and it was WARM, windows open the whole time.
We bought our bus there in 2004, its time we go back!

Hope to see you there.
JimCallaghan 4106
Wisconsin

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: