Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Piper's Scenicruiser - Clutch Failure. Looking for shop in KY  (Read 1126 times)
yeeolde48

1955 Scenicruiser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »

Hi BK, sorry I forgot to reply to your question on the trans.   I am pulling the motor and trans out of the Setra first and going to work on it before I start on pulling anything out of the Scenicruiser, so I keep it in one piece to be able to drive it in the meantime.   So would not have the trans out any time soon. 
Dave

1955 GMC Scenicruiser  PD4501-304
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »

I don't know if there's room, but the Spicer 7spd over drive is a nice switch. Course switching to any transmission except the original requires the use of cable shifting. The 4spd works with two back and forth rods-one for 1-2, and the other for 3-4. Any other transmission needs an X-Y shifter-meaning one rod or cable for back and forth and the other for side to side. The main thing with the 7spd Spicer is you get a nice low 1st and reverse plus an overdrive-but no air splitter or range selector. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: