Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 29, 2014, 01:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Piper's Scenicruiser - Clutch Failure. Looking for shop in KY  (Read 1197 times)
yeeolde48

1955 Scenicruiser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »

Hi BK, sorry I forgot to reply to your question on the trans.   I am pulling the motor and trans out of the Setra first and going to work on it before I start on pulling anything out of the Scenicruiser, so I keep it in one piece to be able to drive it in the meantime.   So would not have the trans out any time soon. 
Dave

1955 GMC Scenicruiser  PD4501-304
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »

I don't know if there's room, but the Spicer 7spd over drive is a nice switch. Course switching to any transmission except the original requires the use of cable shifting. The 4spd works with two back and forth rods-one for 1-2, and the other for 3-4. Any other transmission needs an X-Y shifter-meaning one rod or cable for back and forth and the other for side to side. The main thing with the 7spd Spicer is you get a nice low 1st and reverse plus an overdrive-but no air splitter or range selector. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: