Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 03:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5A Power sterring rebuild?  (Read 258 times)
lou432

1966 MCI-5A 35`

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »

So she`s on the rack in Fla and 31 items need to be addressed . Ok!!!  but trying to whittle down a bit and wondering what a new/ rebuilt power steering system ..ie.. Control Valve, assist cylinder,pump and all connecting hoses will cost ( If you can find one?) and prolly the  steering boix gear oil seals ?? Or if  the bus could be safely driven with out the power steering? Ok maybe stupid ? but was taught there are no stupid ?`s.  that way  I could do some/ most of work from my place.

And online tires Huh?  , any good sites to look at? Free shipping ?? Got quotes $4,500 for seven .plus 7% tax at RV service center for Sumitomo`s ? Found Samson Radial Truck GL274A  for $2,300 plus $800 tax and ext.. . ( Hate tax`s !! No NH tax ! :-)
  Or...... Hire a friend in the transport biz to go down and haul her up here for me at 5K or so.
 Any help,ideas or advise I do appreciate!
 Thanks! Louis.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »

Call Sam @ Caylor Supply and go with the Integral power steering he was selling the complete unit for less than 2 grand with a few instructions and shipping 785-878-3405  you are wasting time and money rebuilding a assist power steering IMO

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
biff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:05 PM »

I did my mc8 with sams kit.it comes with every thing you need.except new hoses.i had new ones made. If you look up mci steering upgrade.there is some pics. and other information.there is cutting and welding involved and its not the best place to work. but it is well worth the efort and exspence. one other thing some of the pics. are on walkers bus site i would not buy from him.sam has allways done me right. one more thing that steering box is heavy 90#s  Shocked if you want to talk about it you can call me. 931 987 nine four three four. anytime im retired so i dont have a schedule LOL. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:03:08 PM by biff » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: