Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:25:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions. Need Help!!!  (Read 1123 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 07:56:25 PM »

Railroads are not the way to go I checked that out the billable weight is a killer transporting a 40,000 lb bus on a 140,000 capacity flat car hell they wanted 500 smackers for a weight ticket lol they have fee for everything you get charged if they change tracks and 35 bucks for a bill of lading just to name a few

Life is short drink the good wine first
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »

Hi Lou, I put used tires for my 5A all the time, I haven't had any problems, as soon as you put new tires on, they're used, lvmci...

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »

Heck, I'm not working right now and don't have much going on till Sept and Oct. For the right price I might be persuaded to take a trip to FL, get her all fixed
up and driveable and deliver it to you!  Roll Eyes  Expenses plus a small daily fee would cover it. I'd probably be cheaper than having it towed from FL to NH.

I just got home from delivering an MC9 to Alabama that belongs to a friend. It had been sitting with little use for about 10 years. No problems. Bus ran good.
Good thing, cause we towed our motorcycles and rode them home, so had no room for tools.

At least with yours, I could drive the pickup down and tow it, so would be able to bring some tools along.

Or, if you decide to cash it in, let me know. I may be interested if the price is right. Why not. I've got nothing better to do!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 05:26:05 AM »

Railroads are not the way to go ... 

True.  Also (back when I was doing a lot of trans-ocean shipping -- that was when I was a useful, productive citizen, back before I got my snout in the gummint's trough and get in danger of them Death Panels), I investigated shipping cars and was told that there is a rule that no item can be loaded at a port in the continental US and then unloaded at another port also in the continental US on an ocean-going ship.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »

If it were me, I would replace just the two front tires with good used ones, and keep the two you removed as emergency spares for the rears.

I would also do a radiator flush and refill as it has been sitting a long time.

And no power steering will have you looking like Popeye on spinnach by the time you get home.

I wish you success!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

once upon a time i owned a company involved in shipping oversize construction equiptment...dealing with the RR, (unless it fit inside an enclosed car, or a car specified for the load) was a ROYAL PITA.... Roll Eyes

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
lou432

1966 MCI-5A 35`

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »

Back again!!  Grin I have compiled so much info here and a GREAT BIG shout out !!!!!!  to "Gumpy" Craig Shepard for his offer to check her out and driver`r up here too if needed, and his 2 plus hour phone conversation we had the other night guiding in the right direction !
 So shes got new drivers on the way ,(leaving the rears on) a lube,filters and  oil change ,checking the reverse solenoid ,lights and brake lights , inspect both front hubs and inspect wheel bearings,  replace hub oil seal and oil,

IF the bus is otherwise safe to drive - brakes, suspension and lighting - then take the power steering assist off, block off the lines, put used tires on it and drive it home.  That's what I would do.

Thats pretty much what Craig said! So nice to hear similar opinions.

Agree with Brian, if you are going to put out even 5K then buy the used tires and drive her home!.....

UNLESS YOUR NOT REALLYyyyy A BUSNUT uhmmmm, Lol

Thanks Brian and Dave!!
 Still  transitioning to a bus nut but when she sails cross the NH state line it may hit me like a train!  Roll Eyes

Did you ever find out if the Presidents really used it or not?
No, not yet ! I`ve researched quite a bit  online and called the Reagen Museum but no one answered but left a message ?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: