Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 01:40:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a master switch diagram?  (Read 196 times)
Luke Wilson

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »

Hey everyone,

Redoing the dash in our bus (1981 MC9), and wondering about two questions: (a) does it matter which post on the master switch various wires are connected to, and if so, (b) does anyone have a diagram or pictures of their master switch?

SIDE NOTE: I was supremely confident the day I took my dash apart, didn't document and label as well as I should have... feeling a bit overwhelmed now. Definitely a “coulda had a V8” moment! 😩
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:16:42 PM by Luke Wilson » Logged

Luke Wilson
1981 MCI MC-9
Traverse City, MI
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »

The MCI master switch is basically two gangs.  One is separate, and the other three positions are ganged together with a bus bar into one higher current capacity switch.  As long as you get them grouped together right, it will be OK.  The circuits that are on the separate bit are mostly the headlight circuits, everything else is on the ganged section.  If you google "MC-9 manual", you will find a link to a PDF version of the manual, the schematics are in section 7.  The master switch is on almost every page, showing all of the different bits of circuit that use it for switching on with direct power or through relays.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: