Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 09:19:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PD4106 Tranny or Clutch issue.  (Read 1623 times)
TEAKNE

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2006, 12:30:22 AM »

Took my 4106 out for an hour long drive today and everything ran like a dream.  When I returned home, I took my bus out of gear (4 Speed Manual Gearbox) and let out on the clutch and let the bus idle while I checked out my driveway to make sure it was all clear to back in.  When I got back in the coach and pressed in the clutch and tried to put the bus into first gear, the gear would not spin down in the standard 5-8 seconds, but more like 40-50 seconds.  Once I was able to get the bus into first gear, I was able to take it out of 1st and back in again while clutch was still pressed to the floor. I took it out of gear again and released the clutch and then pressed it to the floor again and I could not get the bus into gear until the tranny gear spun down?  Is this common when the bus is at operating temps?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
FAST FRED

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:40:46 AM »

NORMAL, "dont worry be happy!"

With the oil in the tranny cold the tranny will spin down quite rapidly, once warm a LOOONG time is required. Simplets is to shut down the engine , shift into first and restart.

This is frequently done with a cold tranny by the folks with oil filled clutches.

Enjoy your new coach.

FAST FRED
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:41:26 AM »

I have found that on most manual transmissions you can try shifting to the highest gear first and it will be much easier to get the gears to stop spinning. It is at least worth a try! Let us know.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:30:49 AM »

Thanks Guys... One more thing I can scratch off the fix list
TEAKNE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:35:09 AM »

Ditto Phil's comment!  Thanks a Bunch!!
gus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »

FF's method is the only thing that works for me on my 4104. None of the others ideas ever work.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: