Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 03:53:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First trip in 2 years in the Bus  (Read 1368 times)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »

We are up in Redding ,CA Bus camping for 9 days and driving in the mountains to get here. Not the Sierra mountains , the Butt's but a pretty good grade. Plus towing 3500 lbs behind it for the first time but didn't really notice it back there. Off-set hitch worked well as did the 2 cameras. I found myself smiling a lot while driving. Even all 3 Cats were asleep most of the way. River is nice and quite and a few fishing but it is also very low. Internet is in and out, mainly out or slow.
Engine ate no oil and stayed in at 183 to 187 on the hills, Cruised at 60 to 70 most of the way. New tires were smooth ride as were the new Hankook Optimos on the truck.
fuel was 4.79 a gallon up here and always thought tank was full but it took another 50.52 gallons to be at legal full which is 130 of 144 for foaming.
Did notice that the Chinese rubber in the new tires sure smells bad when hot. Air system worked very well. Enjoying some relaxation.

OK now for the grill.

"Caprice' Burger"
Potato Buns for hamburgers drizzle EVOO on them and put on grill at end, when patties are almost done. On top of the burgers before they come off place Mozzarella cheese slice then 1 leaf of basil fresh, on top of that 1 slice of tomato. Let the cheese melt and take off. Build burger on top of bun and then a slice of fresh Avocado and put top of bun on. We call it a "Caprice' Burger". Yummmm  enjoy Grin

Dave5cs

harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »

Good to hear your enjoying yourself! Almost sounds like you enjoyed driving the bus more than the fishing and relaxing  Roll Eyes

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
Dave5Cs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »

Grin

oltrunt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:46 PM »

Redding is in a beautiful area.  I spent a couple of days there (in a Motel 6) with runs into Oregon while searching for a bus to buy.  Now that I have a bus I'd like to make a return visit but not at 6.  Where did you camp and how was it?  Thanks Jack
Dave5Cs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

We are at Sacramento River RV Resort. With Good Sam's discount it came out to about 30.00 a night. You get a spot, electric, cable with a 55.00 deposit refundable, water and sewer. It is on the river but if you stay here stay on the right side not on the left. You will have good internet and less noise form I-5 and it is right on the river. Where we were it wasn't bad but internet was in and out and the river was a 1/4 mile walk. Exit 673 on west side of I-5.

The RV place next door (JGW RV Resort) although they don't accept converted school buses ({Busses}which they spelt incorrectly, LoL) or older RV's as says their snotty policy guide is more of turnover RVer's but less trees and you pay for electric and cable.
Both places have long spots and we fit no problems. Trees are cut high. paved roads but gravel spots.

Best place to have breakfast all day is the "Black Bear Diner", the food and service is great. Exit 678 and just around the corner to the right by K-Mart and the Grand Buffet is good also across the street.

This place had loggers this week  because of the fires up higher and more fulltime residence like long term. HTH Grin

Dave5Cs

oltrunt

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »

Thanks for the info--I made a note.  As far as JGW is concerned they'd really turn their noses up at my 80 year old skoolie I'll bet.  Who needs 'em.  Thanks, Jack
Dave5Cs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »

Yep Are thinking also. Before we leave I want to drive through with ours and watch them try to chase us down, LOL and then drive out. If they stop us we will tell them sorry but its not up to our standards, LOL Roll Eyes

We saw 2 new Prevost that were with their matching trailers, which were way out of our price range and we decided that if we could afford those why not just put the same money into owning the RV resort!.....
 And a bunch of the same looking trailers duplicated in a Chinese plastics factory plant. Hardly any trees and a lot of hot concrete?... Shocked

Dave5Cs

oltrunt

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:38:37 PM »

Bad, really bad!  What a great idea!  Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: