Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUEL LOG - What are the fuel prices in your area...?  (Read 1961 times)
El-Sonador

« on: April 24, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »

FUEL LOG - What are the current fuel prices in your area...?

Please post a reply here giving the current fuel prices [gas and/or diesel]... and location.
Please post any bio-diesel outlets [if known] and their prices and location in your area.
Please also post an up-date here when any fluctuations in your areas fuel prices occur.

Thanks...

PS... I know about all those web sites that post nation wide fuel prices, I was hoping that this thread could be me on a personal reporting basis for actual fuel pump prices including any Bio diesel locations

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:38:49 AM by El-Sonador » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 05:47:10 AM »

Southern N.J.

Reg- 299.9
Super-329.9

Diesel-299.9

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
belfert

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:07:09 AM »

Diesel is $2.759 here in Minneapolis, MN.  I saw diesel at 2.829 at the Flying J in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday.

Flyingj.com has diesel prices for all their truck stops listed.  This gives you a pretty good idea of pricing across much of the nation.

I'm fighting fuel prices by taking more people along to split the bill.  My coach is being built more like an entertainer with 8 bunks in it.  I may have as many as 8 guys for my 4,000 mile trip this fall.  Several of them used to drive seperately, but fuel is too high to do that these days.

I don't understand why demand for fuel in the USA isn't flat or going down with the high prices.  I talked to lots of people this weekend who are not taking 250 to 500 miles trips due to fuel prices.  One guy was driving up to 250 miles every weekend and reduced that to twice a month due to fuel prices.

Brian Elfert
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 06:40:38 AM »

http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm

Has the latest fuel prices all around the country for  Flying J, Pilot, Super speedway, Love's Petro, AM Best and Sapp Bros.  Just click on the  links to get there.  Much quicker than gettig an impromptu poll.  The only downside is that it does not include the small mom and pops, but I have found it to be pretty representative.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
El-Sonador

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 06:46:10 AM »

Diesel is $2.759 here in Minneapolis, MN. I saw diesel at 2.829 at the Flying J in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday.Flyingj.com has diesel prices for all their truck stops listed. This gives you a pretty good idea of pricing across much of the nation.I'm fighting fuel prices by taking more people along to split the bill. My coach is being built more like an entertainer with 8 bunks in it. I may have as many as 8 guys for my 4,000 mile trip this fall. Several of them used to drive seperately, but fuel is too high to do that these days.I don't understand why demand for fuel in the USA isn't flat or going down with the high prices. I talked to lots of people this weekend who are not taking 250 to 500 miles trips due to fuel prices. One guy was driving up to 250 miles every weekend and reduced that to twice a month due to fuel prices.

Brian Elfert

Hey Brian...

Good point, I don't know why there hasn't been some sort of revolt either... But this fuel climate will finally allow those alternate energy folks to get their stuff off the ground.

I know about Flying J prices list, http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/diesel_print_CF.cfm have a fuel discount card there myself, but it does not always reflect their pump prices and many areas of Canada/Mexico... plus it is nice to hear from everyone out there anyways.

Steve
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »

One of the big advantages of these fuel price websites is that with our 1000-1200 mile range, you can scout ahead to find the best price.  There's hardly a worse feeling than putting in a hundred gallons and finding it twenty cents cheaper a few miles down the road.

Len Silva

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:42:42 AM »

Why is it that I don't know of anybody forming any groups or going to our senate to fight high fuel prices!

If there were, I would Join! I don't have time to start one myself!

Until we do something, I'll Just Pay the Price!!

Nick Badame-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
El-Sonador

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »

FUEL LOG - What are the current fuel prices in your area...?

Please post a reply here giving the current fuel prices [gas and/or diesel]... and location.
Please post any bio-diesel outlets [if known] and their prices and location in your area.
Please also post an up-date here when any fluctuations in your areas fuel prices occur.

Thanks...

I know about all those web sites that post nation wide fuel prices, I was hoping that this thread could be more on a personal reporting basis for actual pump prices including any Bio diesel locations...

Side Bar--- Good point Nick... I guess the oil companies and our governments are betting on us not willing or unable to devote the time and energy to fight them, so they will just grind us until we get off our @$# and fight back through protests or a serious move to alternate fuel sources... Your [US] government called in the top oil companies ceo,s to explain why there profits rose the exact amount of the increases they imposed after Katrina, yet could not come up with justification of actual added expenses for their increase, if they did, then their profits should of remained pre-Katrina.... hmmmmm, I guess it just went into someone's pocket instead and was not due to any such added exspenses they claimed

Steve

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:09:42 AM by El-Sonador » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: