Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Bus  (Read 4917 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 07:40:38 AM »

How do these buses handle on snow and ice?  Or does everyone try to stay out of snowy areas when they plan their trips?   I know greyhound runs all year, but I am just wondering is it a scary thing, or do they get stuck easily?

Lots -

Most busnuts either head south for the winter and stay away from snow/ice, or park their rig 'til spring.

It's not a scary thing at all, once you understand the limitations.  Probably easier than a car, simply because of the increased visibility of what's taking place in front of you, giving you that much more time to react to changing situations.

If you have to drive in those conditions, you'll find that a bus will often keep going when the 4x4 Tahoe gets bogged down.  Stopping, however, is another story - like triple the distance that Tahoe takes. They will slide on ice, just like a car. (Somewhere out in my garage I've got a video of a transit bus sliding downhill on ice and pushing a car along with it!  Wheee!!!)

Simple thing to remember (even in your car):  Drive like you've got a raw egg strapped to the bottom of your right foot, and DON'T BREAK THE EGG!!

That simple little tip works very, very well, and can save your tush.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 07:48:12 AM »

You ca size your tank specifically for yoru situation.  You have to know how much water your toilet uses, tehn you know roughtly how many times it can be flushed into your tank.  If you use a house toilet at 1.6 gls a flush, and have a 50 gal tank, then you can flush about 30 times before its full.  So figure how many people you have, and how many times the go each day and you have your tank limits.  Generally, the bigger the tank the better, espeically with kids.  They may all need some instruction on saving water.

I have and RV toilet that uses about 1 pint per flush, a 58 gal black tank, I can go a long time before I need to dump the tank.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
JerryH

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2006, 08:01:10 AM »

The entertainer coaches that I am familiar with do not have a shower or cooking facilities and do not permit "#2" in the toilet.  They are mostly used for transport from the venue to a hotel and not really considered liveaboards.

In fact, the one's I have seen do not even have a dump hose connection.  The driver just operates a remote control dump valve on the side of the road or on the road at night.  Now that was more than ten years ago, maybe things have changed.

Len

Some entertainers do offer shower for sure.  I think more of the newer models, 45-foot, 9 and 12 bunk models.  The kitchen isusually nothing more than kitchenette with small sink, microwave, refrigerator, etc.   The electric dump "I think" (should be) rare.  We have it and really don't use it as simply dumping your waste on the side of the road (or on a Chicago bridge) will land you in heaps of trouble.  And I never heard of NOT being able to do "#2" on an entertainer coach, but maybe on the older models the band members didn't poop or bath -- dunno.

Jerry H.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »

The entertainer coaches that I am familiar with do not have a shower or cooking facilities and do not permit "#2" in the toilet.  They are mostly used for transport from the venue to a hotel and not really considered liveaboards.

In fact, the one's I have seen do not even have a dump hose connection.  The driver just operates a remote control dump valve on the side of the road or on the road at night.  Now that was more than ten years ago, maybe things have changed.

Len

Some entertainers do offer shower for sure.  I think more of the newer models, 45-foot, 9 and 12 bunk models.  The kitchen isusually nothing more than kitchenette with small sink, microwave, refrigerator, etc.   The electric dump "I think" (should be) rare.  We have it and really don't use it as simply dumping your waste on the side of the road (or on a Chicago bridge) will land you in heaps of trouble.  And I never heard of NOT being able to do "#2" on an entertainer coach, but maybe on the older models the band members didn't poop or bath -- dunno.

Jerry H.

It may certainly not be the norm in the business but Ace knows who I am talking about.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: