Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 08:30:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you SEEN?? :: Neoplan Double Decker ::  (Read 4536 times)
JerryH

« on: December 20, 2006, 05:44:38 AM »

Ok, so have you seen this bus?  I found this a year or so ago and lost the link.  I found it again last night.  I am sure some (or many) of you have seen this bus.  It's a Neoplan N138 Jumbo Crusier.  And for some who might be interested ... It's For Sale!!  Open up those mattresses, dig up those coffee cans.

Jerry H.

Looks like some really nice detail ==> http://english.derbus.de

eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:07:12 AM »

I sent them an email requesting some additional information as well as sales details and never received a reply (About 6 Months ago) 

Jim
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 07:09:38 AM »

Wow, is that cool or what!?!?  What an awesome conversion it would make!
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
cgoodwin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »

A company in California, ABC bus sales I believe had 4 for sale for the past couple of years, it seems that they are considered too long for several states, the head room is quite low and they are too tall for many overheads. I spoke with them several times (I already own one neoplan and thought.....) and the salesman was so eager to get the sold that he made the suggestion that I cut the top off and use it as a stage, year, patio, whatever.

Neoplan also made the "Megaliner" with two sets of steering wheels, have a look at this baby.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:45:02 AM by cgoodwin » Logged
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:10 AM »

hmmm...

bigger is better

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »

I've read here and elsewhere that articulated coaches are in this strange "gray area" of many state's DMV laws. Even if you could get it registered, you'd be relegated to truck stops and rest areas, since most CGs and just about any state or nat'l. park won't have the space for something like this.

Artics are also harder to work on, esp. the mid-engined ones, and have very expensive "hinges" in the middle.  Certainly not for the faint of heart (or pocketbook).

Interesting, nonetheless!

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »

Shucks you take the back half and convert into a car hauler, hot tub jacuzzi, bar  Grin you name it.

Pretty amazing coach.

Paul

Dreamscape
82 MCI-9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:23:07 PM »

They started to use  articulated transit buses I think there made by metro in L.A  so I don't now if California has changed there laws about lengths of buses or if this is an exception for L.A. transit companys. They sure look nice going down the road but try to snake one threw the trees at an rv park and see how good they be come. Grin
JerryH

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 05:52:36 AM »

I sent them an email requesting some additional information as well as sales details and never received a reply (About 6 Months ago) 

Jim

Jim:

They returned an email to me.  I am just a few dollars shy.
The asking price is $610,743.00 (USD).

Jerry H.
eglluvr

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:03 AM »

Lemme See...  Roll Eyes   $610,743.00  USD  Divided by 1153 (MAK bbs members) = $550.00 +/-

That only leave shipping and import fees....

After I convert this to run on Propane, WVO/WEO/FVO Slurried chicken manure and a few other "alternative Fuels"  ( I am Currently considering a way to use recycled beer)    This might be doable   Grin

Anybody wanna buy a fractional ownership coach?  This come out cheaper than a jet!  Only about   $150.00 an hour, And I'll provide the beverages!

Jim
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

After I convert this to run on Propane, WVO/WEO/FVO Slurried chicken manure and a few other "alternative Fuels"  ( I am Currently considering a way to use recycled beer)    This might be doable   Grin

Screw that!  Bring it up here and we'll put in a Mr. Fusion!   Shocked

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »

Yep. Definitely have to knock up some of these stickers for the back of my bus:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
eglluvr

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »

Craig, I have been having Probs with My Mr. Fusion,  I have gone through 2300  Flux Capacitors in the last few days.  Luckily they are cheaper by the google.   If you need a few, I will post one here, Just print it out and your good to go.  No Charge, So I don't need a classified or to move to the spare tire.

Jim

brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:34:55 PM »

Oh, yeah, Mr. Fusion!!!

I already have the Krups Coffina Grinder.  I would like to purchase a Mr. Fusion kit.  There is no way I'm gonna be the one left out in the cold, or laughing at Mr. Ford and his horseless carriage...

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

Dallas

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »

Jim,
Try putting the Dilithium crystals in series with the flux capacitors. If the tricorder is only reading off of one of the phase shifting outputs, it'll probably make the core cool too quickly!

That in turn will make the tribbles start eating and when tribbles eat........ well, you know the trouble with tribbles!
Roll Eyes
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »

The Prevost artic looks better and is more affordable but still too long to go anywhere with as a conversion. After that I am lost lost lost!!!!  Mr. Fusion?Huh? and all the rest just went over my head without even making a sound. WOW!!!
   Rod

brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »

What...you don't remember Marty McFly and Dr. Emmitt Brown and the DeLorean?

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 07:27:19 PM »

Don't let things like that go over your head, remember Mr. Google.  I had no clue what they were talking about either but with Google's help, it only took a minute or two to figure it out.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 10:03:38 PM »

Jim,
Try putting the Dilithium crystals in series with the flux capacitors. ...

On the other hand, doing this would probably exceed the 1.21 gigawatt specification for the flux capacitor resulting in the formation of a temporal rift and sending the bus back to the moment the conversion process began.  This process would be inherently self looping so it would have the effect of causing you to work and work on the bus without ever finishing.  Hmmmm, that is starting to sound familiar.  Undecided

Grin Grin
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:20 AM »

I wish I could go back in time and talk myself out of selling my 4107   Cry

Anyone got a Delorean?

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: