Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK Rally  (Read 4294 times)
Starliner58

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »

Anyone know if MAK has set dates for the rally at the caverns?

Wayne
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:09:12 AM »

Hi Wayne, I asked this question a while back.  I was a vendor at several of his events and really needed to get it on the 2007 calendar.  MAK did not respond.  I have not seen anything in the magazine.

As you know, he did not have a 2006 rally. 

He typically had the rally in April.  It is really quite late to be announcing an April rally now - at least from a vendor sign-up point of view.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Torquester

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »

Jim and others,

How about setting up our own mini rally? The western states do not seem to get a chance to participate without traveling huge distances. I'm not talking about something real big or real formal, most of us don't have the time required to organize such a thing. I would just like to see a few busses get together in one of the many beautiful locations that we have in this part of the country.

anybody game?

Tq

Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »

Maybe - depending on the location & timing. Late April to the end of June would work best for us.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 09:11:54 PM »

I am way too busy now to think about a get together but would make every effort to show up for a western get together.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »

I'm interested in a West side Rally and here in Quartzsite AZ and there is plenty of room and Blm dry camp area's sewer dumps and water to fill with. am retired now or is thaat retarded so have the time.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 07:22:04 AM »

I would love to do a Western area rally.  How about someplace like Nebraska or Oklahoma or Colorado?
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 07:44:39 AM »

Personally would like to see something in the Calif or western Ariz area.  Oregon is a two day drive, as is New Mexico, Colorado.  Three days for Kansas, Oklahoma.  Grand Canyon Caverns was nice for a couple of get togethers, but there is not much else to do there.  Years ago we had bus get togethers at Laughlin, Nv with a BIG turnout.  Quartzite would be a natural since it is already in place.  Just stayed at the KOA at Circus Circus in Las Vegas-would be another possiblity.  Any number of fair grounds, like in Rickreall, Or, but down south here.  Just thoughts.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:59:39 AM »

Quartzsite would be a good place.  As stated there is a lot of space and things to do.  Janurary and Feb is when the big doings are.  I plan on going there in the middle of Jan and will look up othere bus nuts.  The rally doesn't have to be a big deal.  Just set a date and decide on the location then all who want to come, just come.  With a bunch of busses together we would probally provide our own entertainment by talking, showing, helping and maby doing a little fibbing about things, not to mention maby a cold one or two around a camp fire.
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »

Quartzsite would be a good place.  As stated there is a lot of space and things to do.  Janurary and Feb is when the big doings are.  I plan on going there in the middle of Jan and will look up othere bus nuts.  The rally doesn't have to be a big deal.  Just set a date and decide on the location then all who want to come, just come.  With a bunch of busses together we would probally provide our own entertainment by talking, showing, helping and maby doing a little fibbing about things, not to mention maby a cold one or two around a camp fire.
ED
MCI 7

Years ago several bus groups had a rally at Quartzite in January. I attended several Eagle rallies there. I do not know if the Eagles still have their rally there or not.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 10:06:50 AM »

Oregon, Utah, Colorado is probably about as far down as we would be prepared to travel.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »

Tim, I wish I had the time to plan something, but I can barely keep my head above water right now.  I thought that having the bus on the road would help, but it just creates a huge list of things to do.  Trying to grow the business also absorbs most of my time.

There is an Eagle International (FMCA Chapter) rally in your back yard: Colorado Springs (Sept 28-30).  They also have the yearly rally in Quartzsite (January 18-20) and a rally in Albuquerque (Oct. 5-7).

Anyone wishing to join the chapter should contact Dave St John:  nmp at fash *dot* net

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »

And you do not have to have an Eagle to go to an Eagle rally. Bunch of nice folks and great food.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »

Hi Richard, there was a similar discussion about an Eagles International rally a few months ago.  I kind of got on my SOAP BOX last time and pointed out that some of the Eagle International rallies are in campgrounds where the space may be limited. 

As you point out, other types of buses have attended.  I would suspect that there would be no problem with them attending provided that they REGISTER and that all of the members have had the opportunity to sign up.  It is, after all, a function primarily for the members and folks who are interested in becoming members.

I am not in a position to speak for the group (I am a member and will attend all three 2007 functions).  However, I must be careful to make sure that my original post is not construed as offering Eagle International functions as a general bus rally.  My intent was to let Eagle owners who are not members as well as potential members know about the rallies.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:36:22 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »

I have not been at an Eagle rally for several years. The one at quartzite is a big open area and proom for dozens of busses. I think we generally had 20-30 busses.
Richard

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 12:13:45 PM »

I have "dropped in" on a few Eagle Rallys and they have been more than willing to grant "temporary member" status after your initiation which usually includes comments about "leaners" followed by comments about "porpoising" and "rusting" then everyone goes on with the entertainment. Nice people those Eagle owners.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 01:46:13 PM »

I will be at Quartszite from Jan. 17th to 21st, the Good Sams and the Western GMs used to rally on the same week-end but the GMs have changed theres till later in Jan. I belive. We rally about one mile from 95 on Plomosa Rd. north of town 4 miles. lokk for CCC id plate and turn left into the desert n150 yds.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
gmbusguy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »

I too was looking forward to MAK's spring gathering @ the caverns, but we're not seeing any response from MAK...wake up Mike Tongue

For what it's worth...

I have a great rally site here in Tucson that's available anytime in April...

OR...

I'm also putting together a rally in Hotchkiss, CO (just east of Delta) mid June.  A former GM busnut has a great 40 acre site and we're inviting ALL busnuts and ANYONE with any type of RV.

Anyone that's interested in one of these options should email me at:  last_gm_buffalo@yahoo.com so that I can start planning.

Kevin
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 08:13:21 AM »

There is also a bus rally in July, in Oregon -- near Salem.  Check out their web site at http://www.busnusa.com/

We've been to two of the Bus'N USA events (2004 and 2006) and they are well organized, very worthwhile attending.  Vendors, good food, good people....

No single location is going to be perfect for everyone, but if Salem, Oregon is within your range of travel, this is a good event.

Linda-4104-FL
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:02:03 PM »

I was at  Quartszite a couple of years ago for a western GM rally,just curious if there was any camp sites there that had blacktop/concrete other then the dry hard dusty desert where I was at....*smiling*...

Has anybody talked to MAK to find out if theres gonna be a rally at the Caverns,I've never been there,sounds neat tho.....Frank
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »

The Caverns is a worthwhile stop with or without a rally there.  Lots of places to park & the trip underground is pretty neat.  Combine it with a cruise down R66 & a trip to Oatman to see the wild donkeys.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:13:04 AM »

Why are all the get togethers (rallys) either on the east coast or west coast? There are many great places for rallys in Ok, Ark, etc  After all we are approx in the middle making it easier to get to for a lot of folks. We have great lakes and rivers with campgrounds. so bring your boat..
belfert

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

Why are all the get togethers (rallys) either on the east coast or west coast? There are many great places for rallys in Ok, Ark, etc  After all we are approx in the middle making it easier to get to for a lot of folks. We have great lakes and rivers with campgrounds. so bring your boat..

Someone just has to organize a rally to have one in your locale. The east coast in particular has lots of people close together so it is easy to find enough buses for a rally.  The same thing with the west coast to a lesser extent.  People are more spread out in other areas of the country.

Brian Elfert
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:26:50 PM by belfert » Logged
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »

It may not be a Rally but I counted 163 busses in four of the 8 BLM campground around Quartzsite and just a hr or so ago seen a sign for the Family Motor Coach Org. so they must have something going on couldn't find anybody around and no coaches yet.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »

Why are all the get togethers (rallys) either on the east coast or west coast? There are many great places for rallys in Ok, Ark, etc After all we are approx in the middle making it easier to get to for a lot of folks. We have great lakes and rivers with campgrounds. so bring your boat..

Christy Hicks hosts a bus rally in October in Southwestern MO, and Eagle owners were at Branson, MO a week earlier (or thereabouts).  There are rallys and gatherings all over...check with FMCA and see what they have coming up. 
Watch the boards for smaller rallys.   
You can create your own bus rally...find a location and just do what Jack or Dallas..or Christy do.  Easy to do!  (right!)  Wink
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
K234039

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 07:56:27 PM »

The Midwest Bus Nuts have rallys all summer long in the northern part of the Midwest
The South Central Bus Nuts have rallys in southern part of the Midwest.  25 to 40 buses each time
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »

Its real nice that most of you want a rally on the west coast but what about folks that live in the middle of the country? that is a He-- of a way to go at todays fuel prices, Why cannot we sometime have a rally in the middle of the country? There are many things to do and see here also.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »

AHHH BJ,
You might try checking out some of what JR, and others have posted right above you! Christy Hicks hosts the NJT Rally in Carthage, MO (coming up soon), and Paul Lowery and several others started the Texas ROund Up last yr (and it's also coming up soon). I've held There have been 2 W TN rallys, I did one, and CAT did one here (and did a darn good job of it too)!! SO look around they are out there, and if you don't find one to your liking START ONE! Pick a time & Place and start advertising it here and on any and everyboard you can! If you start it they will come! Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:36:06 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:46 AM »

BJ, pick a campground near you, check out the details of their rules and availability and plan a rally.  The first rally Dallas and I did was my first rally ever.  He decided to have one and then told me to plan it.  You don't have to get fancy, just set dates, make some joint menu suggestions, decide if you are going to charge a fee and do all the meals yourself or if it is going to be all potluck with no fees other than the camping charges.  Kyle has a super non rally.  It is work but not that much and worth every minute.  For the one we did at Bryces the hardest part was cleaning up the garage so we could use it in case of rain, which we got.  Don't know why but for some reason BK treated that place like a garage of all things.  LOL  Go for it and have a ball.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dreamscape

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 03:47:11 AM »

If you can't go to one of the big Bus Rallies, start a small one on your own. As others have said it's not hard to do at all. You may only get a few interested at first, that's OK. It only takes two!  Wink

When I first thought of having a rally in Texas I was in the same boat. Had not been to a larger one, and they are too far for us to travel in. So I decided to start one myself. Just don't be concerned that you want to please everyone, you can't.

Pick a date, find a location and put the word out. You might surprised at your response. There probably are some busnuts in your area that would like to do the same thing, they just don't know what to do.

Our first gathering had 13 coaches and one airstream. This years events show that 20 or more will show up. I thought the response would not be so good because of the cost of fuel, guess that doesn't matter so much.

There will be folk who don't own a bus, but are interested in attending. That's great, you have to start somewhere.

Even thought TBR was an idea, I have had lots of help, I am grateful for that.

The best part of having a get together is that you get to meet some great people, and create lasting friendships. And you get to see buses too! Can't get much better than that.

Email Jack Conrad or myself if you have any questions. Jack has years of experience!  Grin

Don't forget to have fun!

Go for it, THEY WILL COME.

Paul
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »

As Paul mentioned, start your own if there are none close to you.  Our Bussin' rallies started when Ace asked if anyone else in Florida was converting a bus.  When several people replied, I said "We should all get together sometime".  Ace said "Sounds great, why don't you set something up"  I said "My place, New Years Eve weekend". What started as 12 buses getting together at our placed ended up being 65 coaches registered. We had to move it to the All Florida Saddle Club in Arcadia. It turned out to be the coldest weekend in Florida in years. we spent most of the weekend (day & night) huddled around a fire. We ended up with about 45 coaches. The rally grew from there to the largest being 198 coaches. The last few years the numbers have dwindled somewhat with 142 last year.
  I announced at our first rally that not only was it the first rally we had hosted, it was the first rally we ever attended. I can guarantee you that you will get all the volunteer help you need.  Please feel free to email me for any information or copies of any of the paperwork  we use.  GO FOR IT!! Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 06:06:59 AM »

The Eagles International Rally in Quartzite is Jan 15 -17 2009. We do welcome other brand of buses but our rallies are intended for our members. We do not rule out the possibility of having a rally with other groups. There is a rally in the works in Ennis Montana in July 2009 I have to run it through our Board and set the date. We are trying to set it after the Bussin USA rally in late June so you can attend both rallies in one trip. There is also some talk about a rally in Kansas I will know more after our meeting in Branson. Also remember our Branson rally in late Sept 2008. If anyone has an idea about a rally contact me I will do what I can to help.
                                                                         Thank You Wayne Schell
                                                                          303-591-0372
luvrbus

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »

Wayne , last year there was talk about the GM,Eagle and Flex combining their rally's anything new on that
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 06:52:24 AM »

Clifford I have not called them but I will before I go to Bransn so I can report to the club. Still have jury duty?
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »

Hi BJ,
The midwest encompasses a LARGE area and, since you didn't say where you are from, this may not be of intrest. The Midwest Bus Nuts is having a rally, begining today, at Kieler, Wisconsin. Kieler is about five miles east of Dubque, Iowa. Midwest Bus Nuts is a chapter of the Family Motorcoach Association (FMCA) and you must be an FMCA member to join Midwest Bus Nuts. But, you can come as a guest one time to see if you would be interested in joining. The only cost for the first rally is the campground fee ($25/night for this rally) and fuel to get there. Members pay a rally fee to cover the cost of coffee and donuts and a catered meal, if there is one. The Kieler rally has a fish fry Friday night (optional, served by the campground, at $9.00 per person) and a potluck Saturday night. If you are in the area come on over.

Midwest Bus Nuts has monthly rallies May through October. September rally is in Albert Lea, Minnesota and October rally is in Prior Lake, Minnesota. Our rally attendance has fallen off because of the cost of fuel so we now have 15-20 buses at a rally. We are a fun group and like to show our buses off and share conversion stories. A joke or two can also be heard at our rallies.

Good luck, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: