Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 09:02:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK Rally  (Read 4245 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »

As Paul mentioned, start your own if there are none close to you.  Our Bussin' rallies started when Ace asked if anyone else in Florida was converting a bus.  When several people replied, I said "We should all get together sometime".  Ace said "Sounds great, why don't you set something up"  I said "My place, New Years Eve weekend". What started as 12 buses getting together at our placed ended up being 65 coaches registered. We had to move it to the All Florida Saddle Club in Arcadia. It turned out to be the coldest weekend in Florida in years. we spent most of the weekend (day & night) huddled around a fire. We ended up with about 45 coaches. The rally grew from there to the largest being 198 coaches. The last few years the numbers have dwindled somewhat with 142 last year.
  I announced at our first rally that not only was it the first rally we had hosted, it was the first rally we ever attended. I can guarantee you that you will get all the volunteer help you need.  Please feel free to email me for any information or copies of any of the paperwork  we use.  GO FOR IT!! Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 06:06:59 AM »

The Eagles International Rally in Quartzite is Jan 15 -17 2009. We do welcome other brand of buses but our rallies are intended for our members. We do not rule out the possibility of having a rally with other groups. There is a rally in the works in Ennis Montana in July 2009 I have to run it through our Board and set the date. We are trying to set it after the Bussin USA rally in late June so you can attend both rallies in one trip. There is also some talk about a rally in Kansas I will know more after our meeting in Branson. Also remember our Branson rally in late Sept 2008. If anyone has an idea about a rally contact me I will do what I can to help.
                                                                         Thank You Wayne Schell
                                                                          303-591-0372
luvrbus

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »

Wayne , last year there was talk about the GM,Eagle and Flex combining their rally's anything new on that
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 06:52:24 AM »

Clifford I have not called them but I will before I go to Bransn so I can report to the club. Still have jury duty?
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »

Hi BJ,
The midwest encompasses a LARGE area and, since you didn't say where you are from, this may not be of intrest. The Midwest Bus Nuts is having a rally, begining today, at Kieler, Wisconsin. Kieler is about five miles east of Dubque, Iowa. Midwest Bus Nuts is a chapter of the Family Motorcoach Association (FMCA) and you must be an FMCA member to join Midwest Bus Nuts. But, you can come as a guest one time to see if you would be interested in joining. The only cost for the first rally is the campground fee ($25/night for this rally) and fuel to get there. Members pay a rally fee to cover the cost of coffee and donuts and a catered meal, if there is one. The Kieler rally has a fish fry Friday night (optional, served by the campground, at $9.00 per person) and a potluck Saturday night. If you are in the area come on over.

Midwest Bus Nuts has monthly rallies May through October. September rally is in Albert Lea, Minnesota and October rally is in Prior Lake, Minnesota. Our rally attendance has fallen off because of the cost of fuel so we now have 15-20 buses at a rally. We are a fun group and like to show our buses off and share conversion stories. A joke or two can also be heard at our rallies.

Good luck, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: