Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 02:09:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamscape - Emergency - No Air Pressure, stuck in Palm Springs  (Read 3917 times)
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 03:55:49 AM »

John

Thanks for the update and I'm glad he's being helped thanks for your help to a fellow bus nut we all appreciate the group working together.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:23 AM »

This is very cool!!! Not the fact that Paul had a problem- obviously- but how you guys respond and take care of each other and the way this board helps. Man, it is just too cool!!!!! My hats off to ALL of you!!! Count me in!! I love it!! I'm pretty inexperienced, but I love to help people.

Also, this was a pretty enlightening thread!!! It looks like another alternate compressor would be a good piece of equiptment to have around.

Hope Paul is ok and everything works out!!!!

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 07:19:11 AM »

thanks for your help to a fellow bus nut we all appreciate the group working together.
Hey, not a problem!  Besides, as Benjamin Franklin once said, "If we do not all stand together, we shall surely hang separately!"   Grin

John E. Smith
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 04:24:54 PM »

this compressor failed. mine just popped one of the pipe plugs out of the top of it one night on the freeway by magic mountain. had to pickup the floor boards to see it. it came out did a 180 and was laying on top of the compressor near the hole. what luck.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »

I don't see where Paul got back on the road. If he's still having problems getting compressor I can loan him a car to get home for the xmas celebration and we can work on the bus after xmas.

update please

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 09:11:36 PM »

I tried to call Paul around 1:00 PM central time today and got voicemail.  I left a message, but he hasn't called me back.  So at this point, I am as much in the dark as everyone else!

John E. Smith
luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 10:05:06 AM »

paul called and said he was on the road with a lot of air and headed for Texas
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »

Thanks for the update, and he's from Texas so lot's of air LOL

Merry Christmas Paul and Becky and family.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,

Quartzsite,
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »

I'm glad to here that everthing turned out all right for Paul and his family,and that they are on their way to a wonderful time  and have a Merry Christmas & a Better New year, Keep those BIG WHEELS ROLLING.

Pete & Jean
               Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Dreamscape

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 06:29:50 AM »

Greetings to ALL,

I arrived safe and sound on Christmas Day!
Thanks to all for your help!
Clifford was able to provide me with an exact match for the compressor. After installing I had a couple of leaks, oil, fuel (hole in fuel line above compressor), air. The exhaust line flange did not mate up properly, put some high temp sealant on it, tightened up half way, next morning I tighened it up completely. NO AIR LEAK.
I headed to Tucson around 10am and got to my daughters house to visit with my family there and left the next morning at 2:30 am heading for Abilene Texas. I arrived at 5:30 pm on the 25th. It was a long drive but I was determined to make it.
I spent a wonderful evening with my wife and her parents. The best gift of all was all the help I received to make it all possible. YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE THE GREATEST.

I am using my brother in laws computer now as I will not have access to the net for a couple of more days. Just wanted to personally send this to let you know how it went.

Thanks again to so many who provided information and especially to Clifford and his wife Sonya for driving from Laughlin to Palm Springs to help me.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »

You are most welcome, Paul!!  Make sure you keep my number... if you run into trouble again, or just have a question about Eagles... give me a call, ok?  It was my pleasure to try to help out a fellow "Bus Nut"!   Grin

John E. Smith
Dreamscape

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »

John,

Your number is programmed in my cell phone. My wife and I want to come down and visit someday. Might even bring Dreamscape with us.

Thanks again,

Paul
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 08:11:48 AM »

Paul, sure glad everything worked out ok, I was just wondering if you were able to hook up your small air compressor behind the eagle emblem in front of the bus like I had mentioned, or did you find another way?

Pete & Jean
                 Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Dreamscape

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 10:01:22 AM »

Pete,

Yes I was able to hook up my aux compressor to the spot you metioned. I had to drill through the front stainless piece that is not part of an original front on the coach. After locating the fitting from under the front looking up, I measured where to make the hole. I removed the cap and installed some brass fittings so I could plug into it. It took about fifteen minutes to air up.

Thanks Pete for you help and advice, it make my situation go much better.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: