Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 09:47:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamscape air compressor need information  (Read 993 times)
luvrbus

« on: December 22, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »

can any body tell me if a air compressor from a 8v92 will work on a 8v81 paul can not find a compressor and i have one from a 8v92 but do not know if it will fit please help
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

can any body tell me if a air compressor from a 8v92 will work on a 8v81 paul can not find a compressor and i have one from a 8v92 but do not know if it will fit please help
The short answer is yes, in a pinch.

You may have to change the drive dog on the compressor, but the shaft is the same.  The only real variables are the compressor capacity and whether it is a truck compressor or an Eagle compressor.  Truck compressors have the discharge and intake ports on the opposite side -- you can re-work the air connections to accomodate that if you have to, though.

The drive dog is pretty easy to change -- one bolt on the end of the shaft.  Use a puller to pull it off of the shaft.  The mounting is the same on both, though.

John E. Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: