Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 18, 2018, 08:51:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcadia -- Curious -- Who's There?  (Read 3714 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 06:03:31 AM »

So, is that better than jumping on the turnpike for a short time and then taking 19/33 down?  I didn't know the state of the roads.  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »

Guys and Girls,

Take I-75 South.  Below Tampa, (North of Sarasota), take hi-way 70 straight into Arcadia.

Good road all the way.

Be Safe,

Bill

In Winter Haven, Florida

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Linda-XL40-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »

Christy, you'll make better time on I-75.  The other route will take you into congestion in the Auburndale/Lakeland area and then you'd have to slow down through all the little towns along the way. 

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »

Thanks, Linda, that's exactly what I was wondering. Cheesy

I kept looking at the map and seeing a straight shot down from Lake City, avoiding a major urban area on what could have been a Friday afternoon (if Larry hadn't turned out to be such a driving fool and hanging in there for more miles a day than I anticipated  Grin ).  On the other hand, we did have to drive state roads in Louisianna for a little while, and although it cut at least 50 miles or more off our trip, it was rough and slow-going through all those small towns.  Also, having driven places like LA and Houston, and many, many times through Dallas, (which is bumper to bumper even on slow days Tongue ), well, let's just say that we avoid congested big cities as much as possible.  Larry says he faces enough challenges in his life that trying to find a 60' opening on Hwy 635 on a Friday afternoon just isn't his bag of tea! Wink

I figured someone from the area would have a better feel for whether it was worth dropping down through Winter Haven or not.    You answered my question and I guess I'll make it easy on him and stick to Hwy 75.  So, next question. . . does anyone know of a good truck/bus wash?Huh? It's pretty bad when you have to put on rubber gloves just to open the car door! Cheesy

Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: