Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:10:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone know why greyhound updated from ddec 2 to ddec3  (Read 831 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2006, 06:39:05 PM »

I found in DD records that they removed the ddec 2 and updated to ddec 3 on the greyhound fleet.Whats different? maybe fuel milage?

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
rayshound

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 09:19:01 PM »

Not sure of all the differences. There was some postings a few years back on all the stuff to replace to upgrade. The ddec3 and 4 are about the same. The ddec2 uses an Eprom the 3&4 is a down loadable brain. A few of the features is the two communications links for the latert electronic controlled transmissions like the eaton autoshift and allisons electronics.  Ray
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »

Ray

Maybe I'm wrong but - wasn't

DDEC 1 - Eprom  (non downloadable - chip replace only) (Luke has updated chips for N.J bus with slow pickup (no smoke feature) - before Federal standards were approved

DDEC 2 - Downloadable - First Federal Standard Compliant Version

DDEC 3&4 - very similar - More sensors - more function/features  - more user settable - downloadable

Pete RTS/Daytona

My RTS DDEC 2 - is cooled by fuel running thru a heat transfer plate mounted to the ddec

Not sure of all the differences. There was some postings a few years back on all the stuff to replace to upgrade. The ddec3 and 4 are about the same. The ddec2 uses an Eprom the 3&4 is a down loadable brain. A few of the features is the two communications links for the latert electronic controlled transmissions like the eaton autoshift and allisons electronics.  Ray

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
rayshound

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »

Pete;
      You may be correct. I had talked with someone awhile back about upgrading his s-60 11L with a ddec 2 and he needed to go to a ddec3 or 4 to add a allison world. He got estimates in the thousands for the upgrade. Injectors, camshaft, gears, brain, wiring etc. He had said his ddec2 had an eprom and dd didn't have a program to run the allison world. I myself have an ATEC  HT- 748 that was on a ddec2 out of a 91 Eagle that the ATEC  brain has a Eprom and I do have a prom that supports a ddec 4 on my 12.7 S-60. So I'm not sure just a guess. I know to go from a ddec3 to a 4 it's a brain change, just not sure about going from a ddec2 to a 3.  On a 3 or 4 it is a large brain that bolts directly to the side of the block with 4 mini rubber mounts. No cooling plate. The ATEC brain mounts inside the bus but has the apperance of the size of a ddec2 brain which is about half the width and twice as tall.
                                                           Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: