Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 09:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disabled Vets and a Christmas Dissapointment  (Read 740 times)
captain ron

« on: December 24, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »

A few minutes ago i called the Va Hospital in Murfreesboro, Tn. to see if I could come buy and visit and possibly entertain the men and women that gave so much for us, give each of them a cd if they wanted it and thank them for their sacrifice they made for us. The head nurse thanked me but refused the offer saying she didn't have any volunteers and she would have to take me around and didn't have time for that call back after Christmas. I understand she may be short staffed and bussy but they (the Soldiers) were short staffed and were never too buisie to risk their lives for us. I will still call back after Christmas but the effect I was looking for will have passed. I'm sure a few of them have nobody or have been shunned by there family because they are crazy or an embarrasment to them and a little christmas cheer would be nice along with a gift how ever trivial it may be.
   I tried this years ago for the county home in Painesville, Oh and the reply I got there was shocking. "These people are lonely and depressed and are not in the mood for Music" WOW I wish I had gotten her name.
If any of you Vets Know the proper channel for me to be able to visit the VA hospitals as I travel Please let me know.
I also would like to do something at the Shriners hospitals also. There's more to me than the off color humour I do for a living.
I also do close up magic, although a little rusty I could entertain kids with that and music. All for FREE of course.
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 12:53:42 PM »

Capt. Ron you need to check with volunteer service at each VA hospital that you wish to visit and schedule well in advance of the date that you wish to be there. While volunteers and entertainment is welcome and appreciated spontenaeity(Sp) Is something the SYSTEM is ready for. The Shrine hospitals would probably be more flexible but scheduling ahead would still be better. Thanks for the thought.  Rod

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 04:48:10 PM »

Great thought Ron!!  But Rod is right, the VA volunteer system is not geared for drop ins. As far as they know you could be a disgrunteled vet who has run out of medications. When you buy next years calander mark this idea in oct/Nov so you can get a head start.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: