Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 08:59:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Supply  (Read 1124 times)
DebDav

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

I have a Watts N55 pressure regulator.  I am not keen on putting it on the supply faucet at the campground as it may sprout feet.  It will live in the bus.  My current supply hose is of the normal white, RV design.  Different supply pressures have caused it to become very 'alligator skin' like.  I am worried that it is close to bursting.  Is there another hose or 'delivery' system - other than copper/PVC pipe - that I can use and leave CG pressure on?
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

There are a number of different quality hoses available for potable water use. The $10 to $15 hose you buy at Wally World is of the standard quality for a weekend camper. Check out any of the online camping supply places and you'll find that a good hose will cost you about $20-$30. They are much stronger.
BY NO MEANS, EVER<EVER< EVER, use a standard garden hose. Many of the hoses carry a lead warning. Others may have a really bad taste. Unless it's rated for POTABLE water, don't use it.
Another piece of information, when I moved into this campground, we had 61 pounds of pressure, (measured at the spiggot), I use a standard $7 brass regulator on the hose at the spiggot.
Shortly after we got here, the campground went to city water. At that time, the pressure went up to 115# of pressure. After a lot of bitching and whining, and people blowing out hoses, the owner put in a pressure regulator.
Now the only problem I have is rust buildup. I have had to go to 2 whole house Aquapure water filters to last 4 months. the rust will build up in the regulator and stop up the system.
Good luck,
Dallas
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »

A little lock tite on the threads of the regulator where it hooks up to the water hose would prevent anyone from stealing just the regulator. Personally I used one for many years all over the country and never had a problem of it walking away.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: