Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loging in every time.  (Read 1704 times)
zimtok

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2006, 07:18:03 AM »

Does this forum have a "remember me" button? or do you have to log in every time?

Every other forum I am a member of automaticly logs me in when I go to the site.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

Mine logs me on automatically every time.  About every 2 months it makes you relog on as a check.  Perhaps check the settings on your computer just for this site?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 08:28:50 AM »

I though it was your computer, and the way it is set up, not the site itslef that has the remember me function.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 09:03:18 AM »

It's related to how your computer handles cookies but don't ask me to explain what I mean by that because I can't.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 10:23:06 AM »

HHHMMMMM.......

I don't have to with other forums, and when I link using the E-mailed link I get when someone replies to this topic it recognizes me.

Anyone have any Ideas?Huh

Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 10:30:25 AM »

When you login right beside your login is a box that asks you if you want to be loged in for;   1-week,  2--weeks,   1--month or FOREVER select forever and your problems will be solved.
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 10:34:29 AM »

When you login right beside your login is a box that asks you if you want to be loged in for;   1-week,  2--weeks,   1--month or FOREVER select forever and your problems will be solved.

Tried that...

Could it be that my "favorites" link is taking me to the main MAK page instead of directly to the forum?

zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »

WELL.....
creating a link in my FAvorites that brings me directly to the "MAK Publishing Bulletin Board" does the trick.
It recognizes me with that link but not with the link to the main page.

Never too late to learn somehthing new...

Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 10:39:16 AM »

I prefer the favorite links going directly to forum page. I have not had any issues as you mentioned. You may have hit the nail on the head with your own answer. Smiley

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 10:46:46 AM »

I prefer the favorite links going directly to forum page. I have not had any issues as you mentioned. You may have hit the nail on the head with your own answer. Smiley

It never occured to me about the direct link to the bulletin board until I used the link in the e-mail I recieved and I didn't have to log in using that link.

Other forums ar not like that but this solves my imediate problem anyway....

Thanks to those that replied and I hope this helpos head off others that may be experiencing the same problem....

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »

Zintok,

Try going into your Internet settings from your control panel, then see what you have your Content Tab,

then you can set certificates to identify yourself on the internet.

Good luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 07:08:21 AM »

I believe there is something specific to this site that causes some users to have to log-in every time, regardless of their settings. It started happening to me a couple of months ago, and there were no changes to my computer that I am aware of at the time (but perhaps a an update to the BBS software, or even something on the server?). There was another thread quite recently about the same problem, and it was apparent then that several users had the 'problem', but most didn't.

Jeremy

PS. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I've just returned home myself from having spent Christmas with my folks. One of the gifts I received was a subscription to Bus Conversions magazine!. Hurry up Airmail post!

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
lblampman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 07:31:29 AM »

I hesitate to say much since I'm so new here and don't have "history" with the workings of the board but what I can relate is that just after I signed-up a few days ago I had the same issue; the page popped up that wanted me to sign in.  Since at that time I was reading and not posting I just clicked over to the board's home page without signing in and to my amazement I was in fact already signed in.  That lead me to believe that it's an anomoly with that particular page and not the board itself (and one I don't have the technical expertise to explain).  I reset my Favorites link to the board's home page and have been getting on without the log-in prompt ever since.  Huh

Les Lampman
Whidbey Island, WA
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 04:23:50 PM »

I have to sign in everytime I delete my cookies.

Check your internet options, privacy settings tab.  Mine is set at medium high and I never have to sign in unless I delete my cookies.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean; It's a pain, but it only makes me log in once in a while.  It's more of a chore to figure it out than to just log in when it requires me to, so I just go with the flow!   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: