Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 25, 2018, 08:11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love the Bus Board, yes I do!  (Read 4766 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »

I am here to magnify, testify, and to glorify the members of this medium that provide me with so much humor, laughter and an occasional side trip to complete utter absurdity.  I love the people who populate this place, the astute, the not so astute, and even those who just do not get it. 

Period. 

This is such an interesting place to visit and hang for awhile, where you can mix and mingle with the characters involved in the bus community and learn from it all.  So as I sit here this morning and take a little time to reflect on all this I can see it for what it truly might be.

A place where one can learn, a place to grow, and in my case ... to heal.  I am forever grateful. 

Now here is my question:  “Which one of you Mr. Goodwrench Wanna-be’s bailed out on the ignore list?  I am down to only five, and we all know that is not a good number for a proper lynching.”

Have a good weekend, or don't, the choice is still yours.

<><><>

http://boxcarokie.com/
Sometimes hilarious.   
Sometimes serious. 
Always entertaining. 
Accept no substitutes.
lvbob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:11:52 AM »

I see you got your prescription refilled (or need to).  Have a nice weekend the choice is yours. A Mr Goodwrench wanna-be.

1981 Eagle 10/15 series 60 740 auto
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »

Well Don it wasn't me.

I don't ignore ANYONE. I enjoy them all.

Grin

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »

LOL, good times. You still have me beat. I've only got three.

Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
RJ
Angola Coach Conversion "Aesop's Tortoise"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »

Whaddayaknow. . . I just looked and found out I'm being ignored by two folk!

OTOH, these boards keep me from loafing in pool halls. . .

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 1978 MC-5C Converted
6V71/MT-644
S14947 1980 MC-5C Shell
6V92/HT-740
Cheney WA
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »

I've tried to ignore Don, but I'm having no luck. He is everywhere.

I think he is following me.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:19 AM »

Awww, nobody is ignoring me!  What am I doing wrong?  How can I get in the "In Crowd"? 

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »

I print out the flaming forums and post them in our neighborhood bordellos restrooms urinals, and write Vans name on the bottom, he was a bouncer at so nevadas most popular bordello/disco in the 1980s, and was a sight in his headband and short shorts, tom...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:05:12 AM by lvmci » Logged

MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:34:55 AM »

And we love you, boxcarOkie! You brighten up the place.

Davy

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »

How do you find out and where do you find out just who is ignoring you?  Normally I do not even give a Crap but this has been such an issue to some, some actually trying to get a "Most Ignored" quota and some like me could care less but now you have my attention.  Maybe I am not loved like I hope by others.  Only thinking out loud here, my most interest is in articles about bussing although I have been flamed in the past, (horribly) because of their bravery sitting behind a computer. 

With age & health catching up on me quickly and realizing life is so freakin short I don't wish to ignore anyone to offend, I just don't read their post.  But now for the 1st & last time I will see who just hates my crap on here.
Gary

Gary
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »

I am up to three.  Strongly suspect they are people who showed up, made a fuss and left.  We should automatically de-register people who don't post for six months, then their "ignores" would fall away.  Or you could just bribe a moderator or the list owner, they probably know...

I ignored some people once just so I could see what it looked like, I recall you get to see their post with an empty message box.  That would bug the heck out of me.

I like BCO, I thought anyone who blings out a trailer has to be OK in my book.   Cool

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 12:34:22 PM »

I obviously need to work on this as I'm currently not ignored by anyone. So there's no time like the present. Here goes:

What weight oil should I use in my bus?
Is it about getting there quicker or enjoying the scenery?
I wanna buy a $50k bus for 12 dollars and change.
Should I license and insure my bus as commercial or an RV?
I vote for both parties and I usually vote like 6500 times
I'm here illegally
I like bigger government and higher taxes
I think oil should be about $9 a gallon and $6 of that should go to new taxes for obamacare (that one will go over big)
and lastly, I'm not sure what a 9/16's open end wrench is.

There, that has to make at least a couple folks mad enough to unfriend me. Have I left out any of the flame fest fire starters?

Laughing my butt off thinking of how predictable we are as a whole. Reminder: I'm joking people.

Rick

By the way I planned ahead and I am actually "pre-unfriending" Jerry Liebler for when I get to heaven. Eternity may not be long enough for me to unfriend him. LOL. Every once in awhile I wonder where he's gone and then I'm reminded we are two years away from the election and I'm reassured he'll be back.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:37:14 PM by RickB » Logged

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »

I'm being ignored by two. Looks like I'm in good company.  Cool
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 02:15:23 PM »

Who really cares when someones ignores you it just means they don't agree and it pisses them off because you don't agree with them, the last time I looked I was at 6.

The part I like since the BNO doesn't have the ignore feature you piss someone off there they come here to hit the ignore button Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:19:51 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 03:09:41 PM »

Oh baby...

I love buses.

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »

Clifford, you're slipping.  You are down to three.  I was up to five but now it's only two.  I had pretty much thought one got ignored for statements made in the Off Topic section.  Tempers used to get hot there, especially during presidential election time.  That was easily understandable to me since most everyone just wants to vent their own opinion and is not much interested in the "nonsense" that others think.  However, it does seem that there are some nuts that get riled up over differences in mechanical opinions enough to ignore other posters.  This seems very counterproductive to me since having narrow political or religious opinions is without any real world consequences. Making mechanical errors, though, can cost money and sorrow, so it's certainly best to hear everyone out.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 07:01:36 PM »

I enjoy this board immensely! I never gave it any thought before, but because of this thread I decided to check and sure enough, I just discovered that even I am ignored by 1. I wonder what I said? I wish I knew who it was so I could thank them for putting me in such GOOD company.
Will

Beesme
62 pd 4106 8v71 86 Newell classic wide body 8v92 turbo

1962 pd4106 86 newell

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

I also love this board and love buses ! Any and all . It is funny I used to love muscle cars and bikes .... Well still do....but buses !!!! I can't explain it .... It is a sickness haha you all know what I mean .....I also have 1 ignore must've got under someone's skin.... Wish I knew what I said ... Anyways I've owned my bus 5 yrs and I love it better than any car I've owned and there has been some sweet rides..... Hope to meet up with some of you in the future ...l looks like we may have a lil north east rally in June .... I sure hope so just to meet others with the same illness lol..... Stay safe bus warriors......

Bruce E.                                                                        62 pd4106 vs730.                   
Gonic N.H.
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »

Don

Looks like seven to me for you. You have to pride yourself I'm sure there have been people kicked off the board with less IGNORES LOL. I'm surprised by the number of people that are being ignored on this thread.

Buswarrior shame on you no one ignoring you. I thought you might have picked up a few along the way LOL.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 11:46:29 PM »

I'm ignored ....................therefore I am [paraphrased]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:47 AM »

It's fairly simple?

Canadian beer?

And focus on the bus!!!

Happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 05:58:12 AM »

LOL these boards would be very boring without some of the wandering that takes place after all most of the topics have been covered over and over for years why not a new spin on things go for it Don  Grin the odds are in your favor 7 in 4291
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:05:56 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 06:27:51 AM »

I don't drink beer.  Matter of fact, "you don't drink it, you rent it."  Sadly, when I get up in the morning, that is the best I am going to feel all day.

Had not been over here in a year or so, just thought I would check to see if "absence does make the heart grow fonder" and then low and behold, it did!  Now up to seven that is wonderful, onward and upward.

Kind of nice to see a thread that is positive and cheerful for a change.  Kind of like the seals up in th Arctic, everything was fine, fish were good, swimming was fine ... and then the Killer Whales showed up.  Don'tcha hate it when your thread gets high-jacked and attacked and all of a sudden we are talking breakfast cereal. 

For those who don't like it Clifford.  We could offer up the old Senility Prayer:  Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

But I understand all of that has now changed due to the current problems in the Middle East and the administration in Washington D.C. has issued a new phrase to be instituted as soon as possible.  

It is as follows:  “May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your desert-approved-housecoat or bathrobe and may your arms be too short for you to scratch.”

So it is written ... So shall it be.

<><><>

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:48:25 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

http://boxcarokie.com/
Sometimes hilarious.   
Sometimes serious. 
Always entertaining. 
Accept no substitutes.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: