Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 07:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, we've got problems, broke down along I-75, mile marker 256, east Tampa  (Read 2966 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 05:55:14 AM »

Christy,

Hiow are things going on the repair?  Are you back on the road or do you need any assistance?

Craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »

yes, we are up and going, thanks for your concern.  As soon as I have good internet, I'll post the whole story. . had it all writeen up the other night, hit "post" and the whole darn think went into NeverNeverLand.  Angry Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
captain ron

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 09:25:42 AM »

yes, we are up and going, thanks for your concern.  As soon as I have good internet, I'll post the whole story. . had it all writeen up the other night, hit "post" and the whole darn think went into NeverNeverLand.  Angry Christy

Thats why I always copy my post and paste it in MSW or just paste it in new blank post area if there very long at all cause I loose them like that also or think I lost them as in the "anniversary" post where I actually posted it 3 times.
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »

It was nice to meet you in Arcadia.  Sorry you had a problem, have been able over come it.  I'll have a story to tell also when I get home.  I left Arcadia Monday and tonight we are camping  at the Comfort Inn in Fort Pierce.  We hope to head North tomorow.  I wish you the best on the balance of your trip.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »

Ummmm....Art, what's up with the Eagle? Now we have two stories to hear about...yours and Christy's! Shocked
I trust it isn't too bad?
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
John E. Smith

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »

christy, I'd try to make a patch. If the pans not destroyed, pop rivet a piece of aluminum over the hole. use some silacone around the patch and let it dry before you put oil back in. Should get you out of immediate danger.
Better to smear some JB Weld on the inside.  Hot oil will loosen silicone's adhesion to metal pretty fast -- but as long as you stay under 400 degrees, NOTHING will remove JB Weld!!!!!!!!!!!

John E. Smith
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: