Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:08:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Big Round of Applause for Jack & Paula Conrad  (Read 3215 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: January 01, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »

Clap..Clap..Clap..Clap..Clap..  to The King and Queen of Bus Rallys!

I'm Home now,  Drove in rain from Georgia to NJ.. You should see how dirty my bus is.

On the trip home I had time to reflect on the rally and all the BBS Names that I can now say they have a Face to match.

What great folks we have in our lives!  The Bus Nuts have to be [Stand Alone] the friendliest people on earth!

I have the pleasure to announce that I have just made about 3 to 4 dozen more new friends this past week in Arcadia. Boy, add that to

the bus friends I allready have and I can't think anymore..... All the Busses I was able to go in and see was just great!

Jack Conrad and his wife Paula, deserve a Standing Ovation!   Jack, I don't know how you do it!   God Bless You!

The new location is outstanding, very large fair grounds, well lit, and fenced for security!  Who could ask for more!

Bill and his wife Brenda did an awsome job with the registrations and parking...Thanks! PS. Michelle loves the mats!

ACE and Susan, ACE, you helped alot with parking too, Thanks..   I don't care what FF says about you, You have a finished [and awsome] H-3 40

and even though you call it Foolsgold, it looks like real gold....Enjoy it all you can!

NC Bob, [Bob Weiss]  what a fun and careing fellow you are. He just loves to be around happy people. And thanks for helping Howard Roman

with his genset.  Hay Guy's, Bob can sing a few notes too. He and I are going to form a country group....LOL...

Gary LaBombard, We should record you in a studio and you can make millions to finish your bus.. What a voice!  and Thank your grandaughter
for proforming with you... Boy, you can tell who she looks up to. You must be a great mentor to her!

Dr Dave [Dave Hartly], Thanks for my Bus letters and Thanks for lending me your golf cart!  [ Folks, here is another guy that would do anything for ya!]
Dave, tell your wife we said hi, You guy's are good friends to us. Thanks!

Daytona Pete [Pete Papas]  Glad I finnally met you, I could spend a month talking busses with you.  I like your leveling system..
I hope to talk with you more in the future..

And theese are only the ones that I can remember their names.. Sorry All..
JR and Terry Lynch, Christy and Larry Hicks, Craig Sheppard, Dave & Jan Siegel, Jim Sheppard,  Niles, Cliff, to name a few..  I'm glad I had the pleasure in meeting you all.

And last but not least,,,  Thanks to our Delaware gang, It really felt like home having you all with us in Arcadia

Thanks to Dallas & Cat for having us on our trip down. I'm glad to finnally meet you both!   Hay Dallas, I'll send cookies if you send up Fudge..  Zing...

Thanks All..
Nick, Michelle, and Nicky
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:44:25 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »

Hello.

Jack and Paula are GREAT folks, and solid supporters of this hobby.

Little did they relaize what they were starting back at the turn of the millenium....

Though I didn't get there this year, I know the job of moving to a new place would and did turn out to be a great adventure.

God blesses those who look out for others, and "look out" is certainly Jack and Paula Conrad!

Brought up right, and actions speak louder than words.

Catch it, and pass it on!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »

We just arrived home at 5:30 PM from Arcadia also and as Nick has stated we are grateful for Jack & Paula for arranging this rally for us all to enjoy as I know we did.   Also the Food and great country band was great as well as the opportunity to sing Karaoke when we did. 

I want to thank ACE for suggesting several years ago to Jack to do this and if this suggestion had not been made we would not have the memories or friends we have made from attending these rally’s.

Not to go on and on like I do normally but do want to comment on a few things, our friends from the State of Washington commented that they have attended the Oregon Rally’s in the past and just had a wonderful time here and wished it had lasted longer.  Thanks to all for making them feel the Southern Welcome they received as I introduced them to as many of you as I knew.  They want very much to make arrangements to attend next year as well so now they will know many of you then when they do.

My Granddaughter also commented on the way home several times that going to this rally was the best Christmas Present that she ever got and this really made Papa tear up a little for sure.  Thanks to her new friends she met while there, (Grace & Andy) for making her trip to Arcadia very memorable.

Al & Kate, what a great couple, thanks for inviting us to stop over at your home and making us so comfortable and for traveling with us the rest of the way to the Rally.

Nick, you’re a stand up guy and now I know who you are and we look forward to the Delaware Rally when ever you set the date.  We had a great time thanks to Bill and Roberta’s Karaoke set up.  You guys know how to party and we look forward to Gary, (me) making a fool of myself at Bruce’s party as well. 

Manny, that Eagle of yours is just something to die for, you and your wife will surely have a great time in that beauty.  Thanks for the tour inside also. 

There are so many to thank for the good times we had at this rally but I won’t keep  going on as I normally do as I have a lot of work to do now with over 500 photo’s I took and about 3 days ahead of me to sort them all out.  I will post when and where they will be on this board when they are ready for viewing.  Give me a couple of days now, I need one day just to recover and rest up.  Being 61 is getting to me on days with my sciatica and walking as much as I did but it was sure worth it.   Other photos have been posted to surely wet your pallet.  Gumpy did a great job on his photos as well, thanks Gump and it was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for all you did for Daniel Mcmurphy family especially also.

On our way home we arranged to stop and see (Fred Hobe) and what a gracious host he is.  You have to take the time to go visit Fred if possible, he has a place to park you overnight and be sure to take time to listen to all his information on being a true bus converter.  He has many, many tips to pass on to anyone and newbie’s are making a mistake if they do not go visit him if possible.  I look forward to going back very soon to stay a few days this time and soak in all I can from one of the original converters dating back when all this conversion stuff all started.  Thanks again Fred, I sure hated to leave today and will be back soon.

There is many thanks to all but I have work ahead of me and some board reading to catch up on so until I post when my photo’s also are ready for viewing thanks again for the memories for my friends, granddaughter and us to have forever. 

Oh, RTS Pete, thanks for making it possible for me to have this new program that will really make it possible for me to publish my photos as I have been wanting to do for a long time now.  Your bus is beautiful and also your recommendation to see the other RTS is right on.  They did a beautiful job on their bus also.  See you next time.

Gary

Gary
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »

Clap..Clap..Clap..Clap..Clap..  to The King and Queen of Bus Rallys!
Jack Conrad and his wife Paula, deserve a Standing Ovation!   Jack, I don't know how you do it!   God Bless You!
The new location is outstanding, very large fair grounds, well lit, and fenced for security!  Who could ask for more!

AMEN Nick!  Jack and Paula have something in common with the Eveready Bunny.   They just keep going...and going!
And all the while they're smiling and pleasant!   Smiley
We had a great time meeting other busnuts, weather was absolutely perfect, nice flat campground, TONs of nice busnuts!  
My only problem was a major case of bus envy after seeing some of the other coaches (Nick's and Ace's come to mind, but there was this black Prevost with the big slides) at the rally!  Huh
We cleaned and winterized the bus this morning....it was major nasty after driving behind the rain for 800 miles.  Cold up here in NC too! Despite the cold, we're all ready for the next trip.
Drove on a short section of Huggy Bear's  highway in South Carolina....Ned, hope you got home alright!  That road (321) is rough enough to maybe crack a head or something!   Wink
Hope Christy and Larry's, and Craig's luck improves!!
Cheers, JR 
BTW Jack, I forgot to fill out my "comments and suggestion" page...I only have one suggestion...a simple one.  Next year could you locate the Port-A-Jons under a light....?   I got it...I'll bring a halogen worklight to set up behind them.   Wink

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »

I have to agree, it was one of the better run shows that I have ever attended, car or bus. Thanks to Jack and Paula, ( and all the dozens of helpers that did a great job behind the scenes )
I used to be help put on a street rod show, and I know first hand how much planning goes into something that large.
Hope to be back again.
JimCallaghan

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »

I want to extend our thanks as wel to Jack and Paula.  I think the words "Energizer Bunny" is as applicable as you can get.  Grin As you guys know, we are fairly new to the board, so the only people at the rally that we had ever met in person before were JR & Steve Sala.  As you can imagine, we were really looking forward to meeting people, but still a little nervous about attending such a large rally. Undecided

Well, from the time we pulled in the gate, we were overwhelmed with friendliness and kindness, with several people seeking us out to introduce themselves so we could put names with faces.  Of course, if there's one thing I can't do, it's put names with faces, Wink but some people just stand out. . people like NCBob, Jack, Gary, Paula, Nick, John, etc.   

I really enjoyed the seminars, and I learned so much (of course, I have a lot to learn), in fact, I really couldn't think of suggestions to make the rally better, because we thought it was great!  I don't know HOW Jack and Paula could get so much done, yet seem like they could take all the time in the world to visit with you.  And that CAT!  He was worth the trip alone! 

Anyway, we just really want to thank EVERYONE who was involved in putting this together and worked so hard at making it a success.  AND talk about desserts!  OMG, I'm still picturing that dessert table, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »

This photo is for Christy.
Gary

Gary
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Gary, you crack me up!  But SEE, see what I was talking about.  . . .ooooooh, I wish I was back there right NOW! Grin  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »

these great pics aren't making it any easier to have been away this year....

as Homer might say:

mmmmmm....dessert.....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: