Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 07:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle Bay Door Rubber Hinge Question  (Read 1708 times)
Dreamscape

« on: January 02, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »

One of my doors fell off, thankfully I was not driving it.

Does anyone have information on where to purchase the rubber hinge for the bay door on my Eagle 01?

I tried Bus Services, no answer on the phone.

Thanks,

Paul
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »

Hi Paul
 You can get the bay rubber right there in florida at International Bus parts in Apopka Fl the # is 1-800-468-5287 ask for Steve he will fix you right up.

Pete & Jean
         Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:23:18 AM »

Hi Paul,

Call Steve at IBP (FL) 800-468-5287    or Norris at Jefferson Truck (OK)   or Luke at US coach Parts (NJ)

Rich

Sorry i only had the one phone #  
gus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:49:34 PM »

I got mine from  International Bus parts and have had no problems.

The extra ones that came with the bus (Don't know where they came from) fell off about three weeks after I installed them.

There is a difference in rubber!

The door will not fall off while it is closed and latched, only when it is open, because the cam latches hold it. There is no load on the rubber while closed.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »

Thanks for the answers.

I will call International in the morning.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:16:09 PM »

Hey Paul,
As already mentioned Jefferson Bus in OKC is a great source of Eagle parts! I always dealt with Ed, but it's been a few yrs! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 05:09:53 AM »

I used a couple of the stainless hinges the GMC folks use when I replaced the rubber on one of my doors. The new rubber kept trying to pull out so I put one hinge at each end of the door and it works great!! I am going to replace all of my rubber and put the stainless hinges at each end. If anyone wants info on where to get the hinges, let me know.

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Dreamscape

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:45:49 AM »

Hello Tom,

I should have the rubber hinge material from Steve by Saturday. I have not done this before, so if I have problems with the rubber sliding I would like your information on the SS hinges you have used. I did notice that there are two screw holes at each end of the aluminum channel, from the inside. I think they use this to help with the rubber hinge moving, although I am not sure. It just makes sense.

Thanks for the tip.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »

Dreamscape: You are right about the small holes. There should be a small sheet metal screw in each hole to hold the rubber hinge in place.

Don't try to change a bay door hinge by yourself. They are big,  awkward and heavy. Changing the hinge is very easy for two people.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »

Paul,

This is not a bad job if you do it the right way-the wrong way is absolute misery and frustration.

I did all on my 4104 alone but it wasn't easy!!

Use stainless screws in those holes. Some of them are hard enough to remove even if not rusted.

SS hinges require cutting of the hinge supports, the main reason I decided not to use them.

Jefferson Bus in OKC is an excellent source for any GMC parts. Ed has always been a big help to me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:44:14 PM by gusc » Logged

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »

Thanks for your input to my Eagle bay door rubber problem.

I do plan to have help installing the door once I get the rubber hinge. Removing the top aluminum hinge support was no problem, just lots of rivets to take out. Some extra had been added by a previous owner. The old rubber, what was left of it, came out easy. The door is cleaned, prepped and ready.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »

I used my engine hoist to hold the door up so this became a one man job. I too removed the top channel, so much easier the trying to slide the door onto the the rubber from the side. I don't know if I had an alignment problem or if my track was spread a little but even with the screws in the end the rubber wanted to come out, thats why I went with the hinges.
Tom

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: