Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 01:26:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with extra wiring  (Read 822 times)
captain ron

« on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »

I'm ready to seal off or finish the last 2 square feet of my ceiling (1 on each side) and have all the extra bus wiring hanging down there. I would imagine it's all 24 volt and don't see much future in using it except for the chime and step light wire. I know one is from the marker lights and one from the indirect lights but don't know of a switch for that one. Should I stub them of or run them into the cabinets I just built above the cockpit for later use? Some of the wires are 12 ft long and some (the ones I might use for sure) are snubbed off pretty short.
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »

I would run them in the cabinets just in case I ever had to get to them.  Murphys law will prevall in that if they are inaccesable you will need to get to them sooner or later. That would be better than tearing out the celling.
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
JerryH

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

I'd cap them, label them and trace them back and disconnect them (label there too).  Never know when you'll need a spare for something.  Keep them somewhat accessible.

The post reminded me of a kitchen install and a "newbie".  We're demo'ing this kitchen.  The overhead hood/fan was removed and there was the 12/2 wire tail out of the wall.  I told the new young guy to wire nut off the line.  Although the circuit was off, he took (1) wire nut and twisted the hot and neutral together.  After a brief "Electrical 101", he separated the wires and provided (2) dedicated wire nuts to the two legs.  Something so simple and common sense -- never assume.  Not suggesting you or anyone here would tie a ground and hot together ... just reminded me of that incident.

Jerry H.
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »

I'm going to have to splice a few wires to get them into the cabinet. Some I already have marked the others I don't know what they are yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: