Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 11:11:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aero Turbine Muffler  (Read 972 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:19:47 PM »

At least two folks at Bussin' 2007 asked me where I got the stainless steel muffler for my Eagle.  I told them I would try to find a new source as the old source is no longer in business.

Last Feb. at the FMCA Rally in Pomona our booth was next to Denny Allison's booth.  He was selling mufflers and air cleaners by the truck load.  I bought my muffler from him. 

He is apparently out of business.  I was under the impression he was the sole source of these mufflers.  Turns out that is not the case.  The parent company is Aero Exhaust and the muffler that I think is the one I used is detailed at:  http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aero_turbine_xl_5050xl.html

Both Sonnie Gray and I have them on our Eagles with four stroke engine conversions.  They seem to have low exhaust pressure.  In my case, it is about the only muffler I can get in the space available. 

The mufflers are said to be legal in all 50 states.  I don’t know about that.   They are pretty “throaty”.  If any of you heard me hit the jakes when I came in, you know what I mean.  When I am in a populated area, I try to get by with 2 cylinder Jakes.  The full 6 cylinder Jakes really rattle the windows. Grin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:26:00 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Al Bass

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »

I picked up one of these mufflers (5050L) at the convention in Rickreall Oregon in 2005. I was running a straight pipe and it was really loud(350 Cummins) . With the muffler installed it runs considerably quieter with real deep tone. My bill saysThey are( Performance Sales, Inc.) 2109 W. Memorial Blvd  Lakeland, FL 33815  1-800-851-5334      www.psfilters.com
AL Bass
luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 02:04:50 AM »

Jim you can buy them from pickup specialties in Houston i lost thier phone # but they have a web site mine was 289.00 and no shipping the new one like i have are resonated and not as loud.I was unable to use mine so i will be bringing it to the rally in Q AZ to see if anybody needs one see you soon
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »

When is the ralley in Quartzsite?  I have a MCI & and am 250 miles nort east of quartzsite.  I was planning on coming down the middle of Jan.
Thanks
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: