Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 05:33:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I did this week  (Read 951 times)
captain ron

« on: January 04, 2007, 07:03:03 PM »

This is the new cabinet and ceiling I did this week. Just gotta figure out how I'm going to finish those 2 little wings on each side. Got a couple ideas but not sure which one I'll go with yet. Also got to make some transition trim where all the angles of the ceiling come together.  I'm going through some pictures to post in the picture section tonight.
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:13:41 AM »

Hey Ron, Looking Great!  Keep up the good work and post a new picture when you get the trim and corner pieces up!
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »

I have a suggestion for the corner pieces.  Why not use a solid piece of birch or whatever wood your using cut to fit.  It would look great!

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »

I vote with Jimmy. Scribing solid pieces of 1x is much easier than sheet goods or trim pieces. Back-bevel or router out your stock roughly first and then only scribe the last 1/4" thickness or so. Some folks prefer a band saw, others a special shoe on a jigsaw made for coping trim. Like this one.

Looking GOOD, CR!

HTH,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »

Those corners look like a great spot for suround sound speakers.

The solid 1x the others had mentioned will make a great place ot ancor brackets for the speakers...

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

captain ron

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »

Those corners look like a great spot for suround sound speakers.

The solid 1x the others had mentioned will make a great place to anchor brackets for the speakers...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm still pitching a few ideas to myself as to how to finish those corners to look the best I have a very limited amount of tools and they are not that great. But I'll get it done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: